Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vr Windscreen Washer aim?

walkahz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Wagon
Just installed a new washer pump into my vr. Problem is now that the water shoots miles too high and just lands on the roof barely hitting the screen.
Any ideas on how to aim these better?

zelby11

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
SCOOTER
Are the water exit holes on the bonnet? They might need to also be replaced as they would be warn,try and just get a safety pin and stick it in the holes where the water comes out and move it around and see if the water hits the wind screen

Red_Vs_Ute_18"

Reaction score
Members Ride
red vs commodore ute 3.8 1995
id go with what zelby said i just pulled mine out the other day to paint them and they only go back in one way so u wuldnt be able to adjust the angle of them at all realy. hope it helps

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT BERLINA/ 98 VS SIII MALOO (RED) LX SLR5000
Are the water exit holes on the bonnet? They might need to also be replaced as they would be warn,try and just get a safety pin and stick it in the holes where the water comes out and move it around and see if the water hits the wind screen

all youll do is poke the **** back in and it will want to come back out again and re-block it...carefully take the rubber hose off the back cause they break easy if you dont, then blow air in the hole to blow the crap out the back and plug the hose back on...too easy...

ashleysnep

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
355 VN GRP A REP
I aim them by puting a needle into the nozel and move it to where i want it to aim. So far no one has mentioned how to aim them just how to clean them?

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
I aim them by puting a needle into the nozel and move it to where i want it to aim. So far no one has mentioned how to aim them just how to clean them?

I was gonna say the same thing,you can aim them where ever you want by doing what mischa said,put a needle in the hole and move the jet around until it squirts in the right place on the windscreen..

The_Captain

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 Ute
yep - that's what I do too. Sometimes a bit of "gunk" builds up and you need to ensure that you do not push it down into the hose.

walkahz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Wagon
Cheers all used the pin trick and aimed them down works a charm.

EDGE3

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS COMMODORE,1996 GTS-R COMMODORE
Im sure that zelby11 mentioned that you move the pin around until the aim of the water is on the windscreen