Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vr, with a vp v6 motor, not runnin too hot

pimpmyvr

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR, with vp motor
heya, just finished putting a vp in my vr, and ive done all the nessary to get it to run(changed the timeing cover put a magnet in timeing gear) and now its got a fair bit of power till about 1/2 throttle (still allmoasts red lines) but if i go from stop to full throttle it loses moast of its guts :bang: . and the other problem is my auto wont change up gears till about 3k rpm, and every now and then it wont kick back gears, but now when in fourth it will sit at 100kmh at 2k rpm rather than the normall 2.25k rpm(tis a good thing)

and ive got no dang idear whats wrong

Last edited:

centy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vp series 2
Vr don't have mahnet in the chain. that is a vs thing.
adjust the kickdown cable.
after 5400 rpm the std tune will run out of steam.
have you hooked up the fuel pressure regulator correctly?
Are all the vac hohse hooked up and not cracked?
about 1900-2000 at 100km is right.
which box you got in it?
which torque converter did you use?

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
VR auto have the cam sensor not sure how its triggered magnet or blade on the end of the cam one of the 2.so i presume its still electric auto.the VP engine wont go the best on the VR tune but it will go.maybe fuel pressure reg or something silly

pimpmyvr

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR, with vp motor
Vr don't have mahnet in the chain. that is a vs thing.
adjust the kickdown cable.
after 5400 rpm the std tune will run out of steam.
have you hooked up the fuel pressure regulator correctly?
Are all the vac hohse hooked up and not cracked?
about 1900-2000 at 100km is right.
which box you got in it?
which torque converter did you use?

the vr had a magnet on the top sprocket of the timeing chain that is used for the sensor just below the water pump, and ive got the vr torque converter. as far as i know ive hooked all the connections up right and there are no cracks in the vac hoses, me father just told me he used the TPS from the vr on the vp throttle body, so im going to change the throttle body to vr to see if that makes any diffrence... and I just notice its miss fireing every now and then(miss 1 then miss 2) and how do i ajust the kick back??

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
did he make sure he had the plastic tps adaptor on the throttle shaft that could cause issues if it sprung off like they do