Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR won't flash lights when locking or un-locking

ScoHar

Jizz in my pants
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Senator
MY Hazards Flash fine and every fuse seems to be in tack i even changed the ones to do with the central locking etc still nothing.

I'm beginning to think its not meant to, Oh and i don't think i has an alarm as i haven't been able to make it go off and the Relay under the bonnet for Theft alarm is missing but not just the relay even the base where it fits onto the fuse panel is missing.

So i guess its cos its a poxy model and even more so a BT1 no pack light flashes for me....well maybe time for an alarm even tho no one steals cars where i park live etc....

digisol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Toyota Landcruiser
Simple to check, although the more expensive the alarm the more areas are covered, mine does all dors, bonnet, Tailgate, all opening windows, and any electrical use, and if ya pop the bonnet quickly and cut the wires to the siren it goes off instantly (seperate internal / sealed battery source) and that imobilises the car permanently, well until the wiring is fixed and the alarm key is used to reset the alarm plus the std GM key.

Just leave the bonnet ajar and open it after you have locked the car and waited 30 sec, depending on the brand about 30 sec later it should light up like a christmas tree, that or, or use the key in the door rather than the button to open the door after the alarm is set, same thing flashing lights everywhere, the button is the only thing that dissables the immobiliser, the key won't, once triggered they all will turn off after a minute or so but the imobiliser will remain locked, so the thief is screwed unless he has a quick lift.

ScoHar

Jizz in my pants
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Senator
sorry bout late reply, turned out it was a BT1 thing.

digisol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Toyota Landcruiser
It has to be fitted with the GMH or aftermarket alarm, The VS my daughter has is fitted with an alarm, the siren can be turned on or off so it don't chirp on arming / dissarming.

Not all commodores are so equipped, Christmas present perhaps ?