Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR won't flash lights when locking or un-locking

ScoHar

Jizz in my pants
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Senator
Hey guys,

Wondering if someone could help me out with a problem or not a problem,

I have a 95 VR Commodore BT1 and i was wondering how to get the indicators to flash when i un-lock my car and when i lock it. I'm not sure if its meant to do this but i have seen a couple others doing it.

My locks lock fine and unlock but no indicators flashing,
Have had a look under the fuse panel in the engine bay and noticed a relay saying horn alarm is missing not just the relay but the part the relay plugs into isn't there??

Please help me :bang:

VR_Project

Reaction score
Members Ride
MWS Improved VS Ute
well i have a 94 VR berlina, and my indicators flash... so i would suggest that they are supposed to do it...

but also being a BT1 things may be a bit different

H

HATER VP

I have made my VP park lights flash when the door are locked only. You can tap in to a wire from the central locking that gives a pulse, that is then sent to the wire that goes to the front and rear parkers. Using this method you carnt get the head lights to flash because it likes to blow fuses. You also carnt join both the un lock and lock wires together to the same point because it confuses itself. The wire i joined into was the Brown wire (VP) from the head light switch, and then to a wire out of the central locking module. The only reason i did this was because I has having trouble seeing if the doors were locking over the tint and it was even harder at night. Also on the Hazard switch on VP, it has 2 wires coming out of it, 1 for left and 1 for right. I has hoping for just one wire.

nomad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina wagon.
Is your VR fitted with the factory alarm as well as the central locking?

I think the blinkers flash only in this situation as mine do.

evil_monkey

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
blinkers are meant to flash regaurdless i would also like to know how to rectify the problem, my vs sedan came with factory central locking and blinks for lock and blinks for unlock.

i recently done a conversion of factory central locking to my ute and it only blinks for lock but not unlock

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VE SportWagon International A4
I had this happen to my car once, it turned out to be the fuse for the hazzard lights. So I would check that first.:thumbsup:

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn

fuel_within

Chief Executive
Reaction score
Members Ride
CUSTOM VS
See if you're hazards work, if not it's the hazard light fuse. ;)

digisol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Toyota Landcruiser
Cars fitted with an alarm will do it, along with the beep, normally they don't do anything.