Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vr wont start after gasket change

VR_Acclaim

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr acclaim
Also are the acc and lights turning on? If not maybe a rooted battery to

YILDI2

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
FG XR6 TURBO /RIP VT II LS1 Clubby, VR Commodore S
They may of destroyed more wiring then they think, check the wiring to ur engine fuse to

thanks for that, i will try having alook at all that tommorow

and the lights dont turn on mate hazards do, but no headlights no dash lights

when i try and start it its like theres a noise coming from the alternator
its not the sound the car makes when its low on battery like rewwrewwrewww when trying to start it
turn the key car turns a lil and stop with the noise from the alternator i mentioned

YILDI2

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
good on you for not paying them mate!
read ur other thread

ye dave shop owner wasnt there after they tried starting it didnt work i told them im taking the car thats it they gave it to me happily
but they called me twice saying that " dave" knows whats wrong with it unlike them reffering to the people working there and wanted to organise a tow in the morning back to the shop ... pffft
mate i go this isnt a game i said now he wants to rectify the problem after 5 months i said he missed his chance on doing that now he can chase me for 5 months for his money instead me trying to chase him for my car im going to give the same **** excuses he gave me

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT BERLINA/ 98 VS SIII MALOO (RED) LX SLR5000
WHO YOU GETTING TO DO YOUR WORK??? bill&ben the FLOWER POT MEN OR mr squiggle? take it to a real mechanic and save some $$$$$$$ and head aches
i got my car towed from my mechanic didnt pay him a cent
because they couldnt get it started, they said it was the starter motor they changed it over for another one infront of me still didnt turn on just hear a loud noise not a clicking one and thats it doesnt start, before this they had somehow burnt the wires going from the battery to the starter motor

it would be great if anyone could point out roughly what i need to do to get it going again

thanks
find GOOD MECH AND STICK WITH HIM.........or learn to do minor jobs for yourself(dosnt hert to learn)

YILDI2

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
WHO YOU GETTING TO DO YOUR WORK??? bill&ben the FLOWER POT MEN OR mr squiggle? take it to a real mechanic and save some $$$$$$$ and head aches find GOOD MECH AND STICK WITH HIM.........or learn to do minor jobs for yourself(dosnt hert to learn)

it was the flower pot men also known as RVO performance on egan drive in dandenong steer clear from there, i had made a thread bout it, i think i got deleted i must not have gone with the rules

YILDI2

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
ok guys update.. ive been waiting on a auto electricial hopefully get him to have a look asap, the battery is a 100% okay, but head lights, speedo, dash lights etc dont work, hazards do and sounds system work aswell
im guessing they have messed up the car real good, is it possible my ecu could be damaged ? as it is lying on the floor of the passenger seat ( HOW I GOT IT OFF THEM ) they have wrecked a memcal that i got of delcowizzid aswell, not happy, and ive find some burnt wires in the car too that they missed when cleaning ill upload a picture

Chrispy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais, 2015 Daytona 675R
Checked the wiring to the alternator?

mug1000

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Statesman V8
might sound weird but have you replaced the crank angle censor at any stage

JAAV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR wagon, 5 ltr ski boat, VS ute, VT calais.
Light speedo and dash lights arent controlled by the ECU

YILDI2

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
OK UPDATE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
the engine is seized !, the drive pulley cant be moved back or forth
what i dont understand is how the engine seized after they put the engine back together the car was running, then after they burnt wires engines sezied ? i dont get it, but after some checking out i think the starter motor wires got burnt coz it was touching the extractors, i found melted wire all on it no other way to explain the wires
but how does the engine seize later on after the car had been started and driven round the block

how c an i identify wat part is seized ?