Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vr wont start after gasket change

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Strip the engine and look for the damaged parts,probably main and big end bearings.They usually go first unless it gets heaps hot and lets go at high revs,then the pistons,rings, and the cylinder walls, all get damaged as well as the bearings.

YILDI2

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
FG XR6 TURBO /RIP VT II LS1 Clubby, VR Commodore S
Strip the engine and look for the damaged parts,probably main and big end bearings.They usually go first unless it gets heaps hot and lets go at high revs,then the pistons,rings, and the cylinder walls, all get damaged as well as the bearings.

thanks brett_jjj
im thinking of getting a gregorys manual and stripping the engine down, i was just worried i wont be able to identify the main cause possibly wont stick out to the untrained eyes, and while im at it might aswell put in some forged internals but thats after i can find whats stuffed

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT BERLINA/ 98 VS SIII MALOO (RED) LX SLR5000
oh mate im so sorry to hear you having a carnt off a time...best of luck mate (realy the best off luck) have a good week end
it was the flower pot men also known as RVO performance on egan drive in dandenong steer clear from there, i had made a thread bout it, i think i got deleted i must not have gone with the rules

Commydoor

born in the FB era
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Ss Blown
pull the spark plugs and wind it over...if the head gaskets were changed its possible they didnt seal and water has filled the cyls...cometic gaskets are damn expensive as well hope that isnt the prob...

YILDI2

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
pull the spark plugs and wind it over...if the head gaskets were changed its possible they didnt seal and water has filled the cyls...cometic gaskets are damn expensive as well hope that isnt the prob...

thanks mate but i already tried that to, back or forth no movement i pushed a big spanner with my leg! spaner turned but the drive pulley didnt so i dont think thats the cause but just to be sure again i will do it both ways better to be safe then sorry

THanks to everyone giving advice

YILDI2

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
oh mate im so sorry to hear you having a carnt off a time...best of luck mate (realy the best off luck) have a good week end

thanks mate will try