Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR wont start strange update

A

AJKoo1

Hi all well i replaced the battery in the key myself and well it still didnt work even spending an hour ripping the soldered parts of the old battery lol and carefully installing the new one and resealing it. So i phoned the Commodore dealer at Laidley and he suggested that while trying to start the car to push the little button on the key ring and that should bypass the emobiliser well that did nothing so ended up towing it over with the Ford lol and the fella came out had a look and said he will have to leave the key in the on position for an hour or two so the emobiliser will turn and reset so i left the car there for two hours. After the time was up i went back and still no go so he said leave it for another hour then he would fax Melbourne for the code and activate the key and to cut a long story short thats what happened but with a strange twist the car now starts but my Passenger door will not unlock my radio wont work and the car will not lock or unlock by using the button on the key and when pointing this out to the dealer he was dumb founded so now my car goes but has other problems he cant explain and i have ordead a key to turn the emobiliser off in the passenger door well which doesent open anymore should the battery die again so who has an idea of whats going on when the other key turns up if the car is still playing up i have to let him know but bet you i will have to pay for them to fix what is there problem
:cry:

A

AJKoo1

Forgot

Also forgot that key end that i put the new battery in just so happens to work so the dealer and me were scratching our heads :bang: so now i have a spare key end that i can change the battery in anytime