Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS 2000 ute (ex ambulance)

TUF UTE

Dave
Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ SENATOR
lol hes up in the adelaide hills dude :p its tough though.. and 5 litre which is odd

CNsylvester

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS long bed ute
Photo of inside the ute should be attached I hope.

When the ambulance pod is removed, none of the normal ute tub panels were present ( I had been alerted this might be the case). Apparently they are removed to reduce all possible extra weight.

I had to buy 2 fuel tank covers so the body worker could weld them together to make one large one to cover the space. I also had to buy 6 smaller panels for the inside walls of the ute tub. The wrecker guys thought I was nuts.

The inside was painted by a paint shop with an industrial strength skin. Seems ok.

Note the rear window also from the wreckers with the free sticker (I picked that window esp!)

Cheers

Attachments

• 101_1594.jpg
    101_1594.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 3,304

CNsylvester

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS long bed ute
Quick question - I was underneath the rear end today, near the spare wheel, under the floor of the ute there is some apparatis (could be mistaken for a wire coat hanger) with a chain attached and has a brake line going into it.

What's it for?

Regards to all

TUF UTE

Dave
Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ SENATOR
brake bias adjuster. adjust your brakes accodring to the weight in the back

CNsylvester

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS long bed ute
Thanks for that davecunno -

Another question - has anyone tried to put a statesman interior light into a ute? The ute roof curves at the light position and the statesman light is slightly longer.

ThankS!

CNsylvester

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS long bed ute
I did a quick search and didn't find anything...

has anyone ever mounted a small winch inside the tub of a VS ute? ( to assist moving bikes etc into the ute)?

CNsylvester

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS long bed ute
Well this week I had it lowered, 2 new tyres and installed a woodgrain stato console.

Pleasure to drive + some extra creature comforts now!

fuzzy2308

Reaction score
Members Ride
Plastic datsun
nice Ute man i love the long wheel base ones, it'll look sweet as slammed maybe even bagged with 20's. i would loose the cowboy sticker throw