Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS 304 aircon/power steering bracket spacers

sire01TMK

Reaction score
Members Ride
84 VK 308
Hi all,

Just wanted to know the size of the spacers that go between the aircon and p/steering brackets on VS 304. I'm doing a 355 using a VS 304 into my VK and as the diagram shows it has 3 small spacers that go in between the aircon and p/steering brackets. I have the water pump and crank pulleys but am missing the small spacers that apparently go in between. Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers.

Attachments

• VS 304 aircon and powersteering bracket spacers.jpg
    VS 304 aircon and powersteering bracket spacers.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 142

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
I don’t remember seeing those on a vs. That’s early belt routing for the power steering too. If you can’t get an answer here, just put it together and see whether your belt lines up with the crank pulley.

Belts are very forgiving when it comes to misalignment, so you’ll be able to get it close enough by eye. You can use multiple washers to get it close enough - and then have spacers made if you want to.

Reactions: Lex

sire01TMK

Reaction score
Members Ride
84 VK 308
It is from a VR/VS v8 work manual. Yeah might just have to put it together and see how the belts line up then go from there.

Cheers.

Last edited:

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
I feel like those spacers will be in place of the air-conditioning bracket for the non AC models.

Looking at mine, those spacers definitely aren't there, but would need to be if I didn't have A/C

Fachoo

Reaction score
Members Ride
calais 2
I feel like those spacers will be in place of the air-conditioning bracket for the non AC models.

Looking at mine, those spacers definitely aren't there, but would need to be if I didn't have A/C
Have previously done a a/c delete, had some 10.22mm stainless steel holed spacers machined up, which was thickness of big heavy a/s bracket under the p/s bracket and no there wasn’t any other spacers fitted previously with the p/s bracket in place, just 2ml washers with the 3 original nuts.