Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vs 304 ALL SORTS OF WERID PROBLEMS NEED SOME ADVICE

totallybrutal

Totallybrutal
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs 5ltr
i got a Vs 5ltr but has some major problems for starters itz idling rough as gutz with no power under 3500 rpm i was told that a 286 cam was just chucked in it with new standard lifters itz got pacemakers high flow cat & 3000 stallie itz a v8 conversion into a v6 still got v6 abs brakes ,irs diff N rear suspension also brake pedal is so hard to push down untill u start getting some high rpm most likely cause is a low/retarded ratio in it & this would lead to lil or nocompression at low rpm vacum on the brake booster not suckin anywayz i got a hold some more cheap 2nd parts
-286 crane SOLID flat tappet cam.
-crow push rods and SOLID flat tappet lifters
-factory heads with crow dual valve springs, collets and retainers
parts i'm thinkin of gettin just need to measure cam lobes etc
-YELLA TERRA ROLLER ROCKERS 1:65:1
-3.9 diff gears
-DOUBLE ROW 9 KEY TIMING SET & new chain
-Replaced dizzy (Dizzy was a warzone inside hall rotor was bent wires hanging out) when i pluged in the aldl cord to tune dizzy the macro would'nt run itz saying something about the A/C disenaged!!! a/c has been removed due to v8 & v6 a/c pipes located on oppsite sides!

Last edited:

Cheap6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
I leave the rest alone but, yes, it's likely that the hard brake pedal is due to a lack of vacuum. It's disappearing somewhere between the cam timing and ignition timing. Sort the engine and the brakes will be OK.

totallybrutal

Totallybrutal
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs 5ltr
whats the best way to go about the ecu remap myself but u need to buy a lot of hardware to erase memcal from what i've read or take it into a workshop so itz spot on

Wombles

Cars cost too much.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'72 LJ Torana, '95 VS Acclaim and V8 wagon
Maybe talk to The1. See what he can do for you regarding the tune.