Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vs 304 ute wont start

jaydee 1944

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs 304 v8 ute
Did it again anyhow car being manual there are only 6 terminals in plug under dash unscrewed the block for acsess plugged into 5&6 and did the key twice . Nothing only normal reds but nothing flashing

jaydee 1944

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs 304 v8 ute
Check it has & keeps fuel pressure.

Agree might be fuel issue if it fires up using start ya bastard.

If ecu/memcal issue code should come up with fault check mode.

Usually after fault code check I'd be looking at f/pump or coil & ignition module.

jaydee 1944

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs 304 v8 ute
cant fault code check ,doesn't work must be different auto to mamual

jaydee 1944

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs 304 v8 ute
how come I cant get any response nothing after bridging 5/6 there are only 6 wires going to that terminal [manual gearbox perhaps]

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
Below is a diagram of the Data Link Connector. Same connector functions whether manual or auto. Interesting that you say there are only six wires going into the connector. I suspect that terminal 13 (SRS) isn't connected, which may explain why we need scan tools to get SRS (airbag) diagnostics, and can't use the paper clip bridgine method.

upload_2019-1-30_19-3-27.png

jaydee 1944

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs 304 v8 ute
Below is a diagram of the Data Link Connector. Same connector functions whether manual or auto. Interesting that you say there are only six wires going into the connector. I suspect that terminal 13 (SRS) isn't connected, which may explain why we need scan tools to get SRS (airbag) diagnostics, and can't use the paper clip bridgine method.

View attachment 203408
you are right as there is neither 13 or 14 whats the next step where can I get a scan tool that's not to dear

jaydee 1944

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs 304 v8 ute
you are right as there is neither 13 or 14 whats the next step where can I get a scan tool that's not to expensive. anyhow about 11/2 years ago a work mate came over and plugged in his diagnostic tool and he couldn't get any sort of reading at all. Is there any secret like you must turn ign on twice

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
If the check engine light doesn't light up with key on check that the engine loom is is plugged into the dash loom by the eco it may have come unplugged and the ecu isn't powering up