Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS 5.0 - Where did you relocate your coil? Photos, please

crumpledoor#1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS II 1997 BT1 5.0
Where have you moved your coil to, from the ridiculous factory position of between the firewall and engine?

After all the electrical dramas I have had, this is one thing I will be doing. Just wondering where some of you guys have relocated yours to?

Pics would be awesome!

UW1SH

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5speed With ecotec conversion
Where have you moved your coil to, from the ridiculous factory position of between the firewall and engine?

After all the electrical dramas I have had, this is one thing I will be doing. Just wondering where some of you guys have relocated yours to?

Pics would be awesome!

Umm 5 Litres have dizzys not coils.. unless your talking about DFI module then i highly doubt that you can relocate your dizzy.. I know the LS1 can relocate coils but not 5litres.. Correct me if im wrong tho

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
Umm 5 Litres have dizzys not coils.. unless your talking about DFI module then i highly doubt that you can relocate your dizzy.. I know the LS1 can relocate coils but not 5litres.. Correct me if im wrong tho

All cars run a coil, Where else do they get their spark? Think before you leap.

Now, Going back to it.

In my VQ's & My old VS It was relocated to the firewall. Just underneath the MAP sensor on the right side.

Cheers
Mat

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
Mine is relocated on the firewall similar position to where Hozy just mentioned.

If you zoom in on the pic you can just see it near the ignition module.

crumpledoor#1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS II 1997 BT1 5.0

Cars without coils? Must be one of those electric cars I am hearing about :idea3:

All cars run a coil, Where else do they get their spark? Think before you leap.

Now, Going back to it.

In my VQ's & My old VS It was relocated to the firewall. Just underneath the MAP sensor on the right side.

Cheers
Mat

Mine is relocated on the firewall similar position to where Hozy just mentioned.

Thanks for your ideas and pic guys. I cant relocate mine in that position as my LPG pump is mounted there. Perhaps I can do away with the coil, as they don't need them anyways as they have a dizzy BAHAHA. Sorry Uwish, just had to have a giggle.

UW1SH

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5speed With ecotec conversion
Cars without coils? Must be one of those electric cars I am hearing about :idea3:

I can honestly say my mistake.. At least im not having a go at you tho :) Sorry it was 1am and i didnt read properly i thought you meant a coil pack as in like a V6 kind of coil pack if that makes any sense??

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4

That's a nice clean engine bay. Congratulations. However, I can't see the coil in the picture. Perhaps you could insert an arrow !!!

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
That's a nice clean engine bay. Congratulations. However, I can't see the coil in the picture. Perhaps you could insert an arrow !!!

Thanks mate. It's under the ID Tag behind the ignition module. You can see a bright yellow tag, that is the coil lead. I'll try and get a pic up with an arrow too.

Here ya go.

Last edited:

crumpledoor#1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS II 1997 BT1 5.0
I can honestly say my mistake.. At least im not having a go at you tho :) Sorry it was 1am and i didnt read properly i thought you meant a coil pack as in like a V6 kind of coil pack if that makes any sense??

Yeah I get what your saying now. I was only whindin ya up too

Totally agree. Something to aim for on my own beast.

crumpledoor#1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS II 1997 BT1 5.0

Love the chrome covers! Nice touch.

You run twin thermo fans?