Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vs 5.0

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Lovely looking car mate.
Merry Christmas for yesterday..

Thanks Wombles. Same to you.

Wheres your rear lip? Haha I used that nxt 2.0 so good leaves it clean shiny and gives it a good bit of protection

No rear lip or side skirts. I just prefer the look without them.

That's the first time I've used that wax. I've previously used the Deep Cyrstal Carnuba wax but there wasn't enough to do the car this time so thought I'd try this one out. Ive seen some good comments about it. Apparently it lasts a lot longer than Carnuba. Its also the first time I've used the Clay Bar and the compound. I've previously used the Deep Crystal Paint Cleaner and Polish as part of the 3 step process. This time took a lot longer but I think I've got a better result in the end. It certainly has a very smooth feel to it.

It was amazing how much crud the clay bar removed, particularly from the bonnet, roof & boot.

Jarrid

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs SS Commodore 95
I'm going to get the clay bar kit myself and give it a whirl

Cava454

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS, VZ SS
Personally I didn't rate the clay bar all that much. I put my money towards a rotary buffer. Best $79 I ever spent. Car came out perfect

Removed all the swirls, buffed some scratches out and totally got rid of my belt slap.

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
still gotta get the rest of the SS extension kit. but car is still looking good. pics above do no justice, too much sun glare.

cava im skeptical on the clay bar also but ive bought it so i gotta see what all the hype is about.

Jarrid

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs SS Commodore 95
With the buff though all the cutters gets stuck in hard to reach places like in-between the door handle and body and as soon as you go to get it out it scrathes everything again it's easy for people with white cars, try black every imperfection high lighted like a bit*h

Cava454

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS, VZ SS
Ill tell u on the 6th when I do my ute. It's black.

Ill never hand polish my VR again. Even know with a quick wash and shammy it feels mint to touch. I buffed it before c4c so a while now.

Oh yeah, mine lives outside also

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Personally I didn't rate the clay bar all that much. I put my money towards a rotary buffer. Best $79 I ever spent. Car came out perfect

Removed all the swirls, buffed some scratches out and totally got rid of my belt slap.

still gotta get the rest of the SS extension kit. but car is still looking good. pics above do no justice, too much sun glare.

cava im skeptical on the clay bar also but ive bought it so i gotta see what all the hype is about.

I wouldn't mind giving a buffer a go....would certainly be easier than doing the job by hand. I was impressed with the claybar in terms of getting crap off the paint though. The surface was quite rough and the clay certainly pulled heaps off.

And thanks Jecs. Yeah agree the pics could certainly be better. I need to get some shots on sundown or at least out of any direct sun...would be much better lighting wise.

Jarrid

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs SS Commodore 95
Yeah mine lives outside you detail it one day next day covered in dust ( and bird **** cheeky bastards)

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
BTW Cava...what buffer do you use ?

Cava454

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS, VZ SS
The cheapest one from super cheap auto. Looks like a 9 inch grinder.