Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vs 5.0

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
My wife had this for the day coz her car was in for a service.....cue complaints about to loud.

And my 9 year old decided that she would rather walk to school rather than arrive in this coz it is old and too loud and all the other mum's cars are quiet. This makes me sad coz when she was younger she would complain about not going out in this coz vrooooom.

How times change.

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
In another 10 years it'll be cool and classic with one of the last aussie built v8s in it

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Yes, yes, quite likely.

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Keep in mind that you can always lower your price, but you can't negotiate upwards. I'd start somewhere around $6k - I'm sure somebody will be willing to pay that for it. If you don't get any (legitimate) bites within 2 weeks, lower your price progressively until you're able to sell it.

Not easy to sell cars these days with all the jokers out there.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Keep in mind that you can always lower your price, but you can't negotiate upwards.

This has been at the forefront of my thinking.

H

harrop.senator

Withouy being rude ive been eyeing up 5 litres at the moment and in perth 6 can get you a clubby or very nice ss. Itd be worth close to half of that figure. If you over price it people will think you're dreaming and not ring.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
I'd say this is one of the more tidy examples around. It's definitely worth a bit more than your run of the mill VS V8.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Withouy being rude ive been eyeing up 5 litres at the moment and in perth 6 can get you a clubby or very nice ss. Itd be worth close to half of that figure. If you over price it people will think you're dreaming and not ring.

I can't find a lot for sale using Gumtree & Carsales to get an idea of where the market actually is.

One VR Clubsport on Gumtree for ~$30k (low kms etc). No VS.

One VR SS for ~$17k (383 etc) on eBay. No VS SS

A handful of VR/VS 5 litres in varying condition ranging from $2.5k (either unregoed &/or have issues) to $13k (VR Exec with 170k kms & overpriced imo).

Have you got any other sources of sale listings for these ?