Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS 5.0L air vent issue

Jorgo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 5.0 Ute
Having a drama with my ute air vents. No matter what the selector is on the air only comes out the feet vents. There is a constant hissing from behind the vent selector but all the vacuum lines seem to be plugged in and un-broken. Where should I be looking now to fix this?

Vt-Brrrlina

vp bt1 gts replica
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp bt1 5.0ltr full GTS kit
u shouldnt hear any hissing at all, cept when u change the selector and then only for few seconds... could be a hole in vac hose behind the selector or a crack in the selctor bit where the vac hoses go on... maybe look at gettn a secondhandy and rule the selector bit out

Jorgo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 5.0 Ute
whats the easiest way to get the selector out? I managed to undo it all but the little metal pole that joins to the heat selector was still attached and I couldn't work out how to get it off without ripping it out in a fury. If I could undo that I could get the rest out to test/replace

Vt-Brrrlina

vp bt1 gts replica
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp bt1 5.0ltr full GTS kit
the little metal pole runs thur to where the drivers leg sorta goes if tya pop ya head under there u will see there is white connector lever on the hvac box which the metal pole goes thru.. its like aflap over it just stick ya finger nail under it and flip it up.. pole then falls out