Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vs 5l ute, new everything and battery still goes flat

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
As above, start pulling fuses 1 by 1 at night and check the voltage in the morning. I'll narrow it down fairly quickly.

deserthead

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS III l67 Column Shift Ute
Check your relays too. Could have a couple system relays (EFI/Ignition) staying on, these will drain you battery within a week.

I had mysterious batt drain too, turns out the replacement relays they put in were pinned differently and were always allowing power through into those 2 circuits.

MikeC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ Statesman
As above, start pulling fuses 1 by 1 at night and check the voltage in the morning. I'll narrow it down fairly quickly.
Faster to use a multimeter set to current between the disconnected battery negative pole and a battery earth. Connect it up with everything switched off. If you have a leak you will have a current. A small current will be the security system. Pull the fuses one at a time, read the current, and replace until the current gets close to zero. When the current is close to zero the leak is in the circuit of the last fuse you've pulled.

wildfiremaint

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS , 2007 Subaru LIBERTY Wagon
Often the rechargeable battery in an alarm will crap out onto the PCB and cause an excesive current draw.
If you have an alarm disconnect it and see if that helps.
Mine was drawing 400ma and discharging the battery.
Cheers.