Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vs 5l V8 185kw. Can I Get More Kw Than That?

M

matty,vs,ss

hey im bout to get my ps and have a vs ss with the hsv kit on it. so its 185 kw instead of standard 165. i was just wondering what else i could do to my car to get it to 200kw. ne ideas. ??? thanks

Darren

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
BYD Atto 3 / RAV4 Hybrid
Really it boils down to how much you want to spend, I mean we could list a whole pile things but they might be out of your league so to speak.

Obviously first things first or the most popular power gains are exhaust with hi-flow and headers which you probably already have with some form of cold air induction or even a memcal/cam upgrade.

The easiest way to easily get 200kW is a supercharger although they do come at a price.

V

vlturbo

Stroke it! even stroking it to 336 should get you about 220kw with extractors, exhaust and get the chip reprogrammed the rest of your car will be able to handle the power, prices vary but you can get your car stroked to 355 for about 4k so common sense will tell you tell 336 will be cheaper check out this webby:

http://www.pavtek.com.au/

Garth

Your guess is as good as mine......
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
100 series Toyota Landcruiser V8 monster
PEOPLE, SHOULD ANYONE OUT THERE SEE A BLOKE CALLED WRXPOWER, OR ANYTHING ALONG THOSE NAMES, PLEASE REPORT IT STRAIGHT AWAY TO EITHER DARREN OR MYSELF. HIS ACTIONS ARNT BEING TOLLERATED AT ALL

THANKS

F

freckly

evening. i was under the impression that the vs ss was 185 kw stock, so a good exhaust and cold air induction, and possibly chipping woud send it over the 200 kw mark. I may be wrong?

Smitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF SV340 R8 Tourer, VK race car, ZX12R
sorry guys but
VS SS was 168 kw stock and the HSV kit moved it up to 190
but they still advertised it as 185i....sounded good I spose
(VR was 168kw and 185kw, the 3kw for VS came from a differnt air filter and inlet
system with some cold air ducting)
the 185i kit is extractors, advanced timimg with knock sensor
and HSV style CAI with revised chip
you will revised heads or a cam plus some extra zorst mods to get to 200kw
just like HSV did ......

hth