Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vs-6 inch splits in front doors

P

paulio

hey guys i was wondering how hard it is to put 6 inch splits in the front doors of a vs... i did my complete install on my corolla including head unit, amp, sub and speakers with custom door panels... the speakers are real good and cost me a fair bit so i dont want to just get rid of them. i was hoping someone has had some experience or opinions

cheers ;)

V

VL CALO

It would be fairly hard to put 6inch's in the front doors of a vs because that is larger than the stock holes you would have to cut into the plastic and that would sound poor and not look finished get a pair of Fusion powerplant 4inch splits they have really good mid and high sounds and should be able to wap them over without to much stress

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Ummmm actually they run a 6' coaxial stock from factory.........I got one infront of me now :p
VN/VP run a 4' in the dash, VR/VS a 6' in the door........
All you gotta do is take the door skin and pod off and replace the speaker with the new one.
Cheers

B

BLU93

I had to fill (the back) with F/glass resin & cut the hell out of mine to fit 6.5" Focals & mount the pods on a MDF baffle to clear the magnet..BUT i`m glad i did.. :D

Just take off the door skin & see if they`ll fit..

It`s worth the extra bit of mucking around to put in a GOOD quaility set of splits...you`ll thank yourself later.. ;)

Cheers

H

hartrick

OK, so how does one get the door skin off a VS, I have had a look and a few prods but it eludes me, what is the trick ??

cheers

deserthead

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS III l67 Column Shift Ute
I had splits in the doors of my old VS wagon. I put the tweeter on top of the side vents. Just used a holesaw to cut the hole.
As with pulling the door trim off, its not too hard. ;)
The window winder (if it not power) has a clip, just pop it off, then all the screws you can see, undo them. You will have to remove the cover for the handle to close the door. Thats all the easy part.
The dickin aroung bit, is getting the door lock to pop off. :b:
When the door is unlocked and the lever is up, you will be able to see red.
This red section actuallu pops out. You will have to make up a small device, out of a paper clip (what i used) and work it in to pop it out.
Once its out, from memory, it just pulls off. Then the rest of the trim pulls out of the door.
Hopes this helps :D :D