Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS Acclaim 96 What to do to it?

Acclaimman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim S2
Ok Im a new commodore owner and know minimal about technical stuff. I want to do up my stock standard VS Acclaim. I was thinking of lowering it, putting a spoiler, exhaust, decent sounds system and possibly a body kit. AS much advice, suggestions and help would be awesome!

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
shop around! even if you get a quote at one place, take it to another and say "can you beat this?"

would you be DIY'ing most of the stuff or getting the stuff fitted?
is insurance a consideration?
how much is too much? :p

moulding a ride to sweetness is something i would reccemend you take the time to enjoy, learn and plan :)

welcome to JC, Where do you live ( suburd / state / city either or all)
have a skim over the rules, remember that advice here is something you have to decide if its reputable. enjoy your time, perhaps your local scene will catch you on a cruise :)

totq

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Calais 3.8, Raptor S/C
Acclaimman said:
Ok Im a new commodore owner and know minimal about technical stuff. I want to do up my stock standard VS Acclaim. I was thinking of lowering it, putting a spoiler, exhaust, decent sounds system and possibly a body kit. AS much advice, suggestions and help would be awesome!

Congratulations Acclaimman,

Probably the first question I'd ask you is how much are you prepared to spend?
What's your priority - power or looks and sound?

Jamie_87

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 BA XR6
i rekon , nice rims, exhaust, system, ss front bar, rear bar and side skirts(no spolier looks better on vs) lowered, dark tints and u got urself a nice looking vs! and spend some time making the paint cum up nice and shiney.

Hytes

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VS Berlina S1
As above, get some nice chrome / shadow chrome five spoke deep dish rims, lower it 2.5 inches on all fours ... VS SS kit ... nice soundin' system, and yeah NO "SPOIL"her. I personally wouldn't worry about an exhaust (except if it's half stuffed), spend the money on a good dyno tune / service, K&N filter etc ... I'am all about the looks ... so at least if I'am last off the line I'll still look good haha. Enjoy your new ride! :)

Acclaimman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim S2
Thanks for all the advice. Ive got around 4k to spend yeah im all about getting it looking sharp before worrying about the power. Im brisbane based so if anyone knows of good places to go for stuff let me know

sganro

i speak before i think
Reaction score
Members Ride
yet another VS
i agree with jamie_87 and Hytes. rims (17's or 18's), ss kit, dark tinting. lowering it will make it look alot better. exhaust will give it a nicer sound, if u are after that kind of thing. with 4 grand u should be able to put together a nice car. im big on music, so i consider stereo a must do, but thats me.

WILD VR CLUBBY

lack of licence
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 vy s
welcome
i recon get your self a nice body kit i got mine from ebay for 600, a set of wheels around 1500 new with tyres, tint, lower it after the kit coz the kit makes it look low allready, a decent sterio dont spend over 1000 get most of it off ebay
i spent about a 1000 on mine and its louder then some 5000 doller sterios, exhaust allways a good thing if not just get a big tip, look on ebay for the interior from a statesman the girls love it coz of its comfort, finaly polish up the car (do what i done and rip off every seal you will be suprised what u find under them)

Torquen

Boost FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
450+ HP FORD XR6T
hey m8 got the same ride as me :p nice choice. yep good advic so far. go for a body kit, mags 17' are good and cheap, dark tint, lowerd (stock hight is terrible), exhuast is a must for me, stero and i went for a wing :) luv em or hate em they seperate my car from every other VS/VR. good luck mate.