Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vs acclaim bad rear end shutter

Jordan B

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs acclaim
Hi guys im getting a verry bad shutter/clonk in the rear end when Accelerating slow. It feels like my diff but im wanting to hear your opinions before going ahead with anything .

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
It might be the tail shaft centre bearing. Very common problem and does start out with a vibration when accelerating before catastrophic failure. If it is that fix it before it blows completely because it tends to damage the shaft somewhat if it goes while in motion.

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
I would carefully jack the vehicle up from each side just in front of the rear wheel and put it on strong car stands that will securely hold the vehicle so that you can run it and simulate what happens on the road.

Don't forget to chock the two front wheels solidly with as little as a full brick in front and behind of each wheel to avoid any forward or rearward motion that you could experience.

This way you can lay down next to and look underneath the vehicle while the driveline is spinning an have a good listen to all the sounds it will make.