Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS ACCLAIM DASHBOARD

VS-SHEL81

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS
I need to replace the dashboard and for the life of me can't find anywhere that sells them!? HELPPPPP please

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I think the issue the OP might have is finding one with an airbag that hasn't de-laminated.

The1

A Memcal a Day Keeps..
Reaction score
Website
www.eyeit.org
Members Ride
VS V6 Berlina Auto
yeh prob same issue as statements with passenger airbags, going to hard to find now.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
I need to replace the dashboard and for the life of me can't find anywhere that sells them!? HELPPPPP please

There is a thread on here (not sure if in general VR-VS section or VR-VS ride thread) from some time ago where a member fixed his peeling passenger air bag cover (if that is the issue you have).

Full dash out job and all but IIRC it come out pretty good.

Search function doesn't seem to be working at the moment though.

VS-SHEL81

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS
There is a thread on here (not sure if in general VR-VS section or VR-VS ride thread) from some time ago where a member fixed his peeling passenger air bag cover (if that is the issue you have).

Full dash out job and all but IIRC it come out pretty good.

Search function doesn't seem to be working at the moment though.
Yes unfortunately there's a need for the whole dashboard to be replaced, airbag cover isn't there at all and cracked as it's been sitting in the sun for to long.. I will look up the thread the min it's working again Thankyou

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Yes unfortunately there's a need for the whole dashboard to be replaced, airbag cover isn't there at all and cracked as it's been sitting in the sun for to long.. I will look up the thread the min it's working again Thankyou

Then maybe have a chat to the Dashboard Doctor.

woteva

NEED 4 SPEED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 Sportwagon - VR2 V6 ecotec Wag - VS2 V6 Wag
Dash mat ?

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
I have to admit that this would have to be the VS's Achilles heel. It's the part of the car that is near on impossible to overcome without it looking bad. I spent quite some time with my Acclaim and came to realisation that the best way to tackle it is with the front screen out so that you can work directly from above. I needed to replace the windscreen anyway so I had it removed and a new onne installed when I finishe to work at hand. In saying that ours was only curling up at the two top corners. Not having the cover at all attached in any way, well that's going to throw up some serious challenges so that it looks good and not just a patch up. I guess it's all about the actual vehicle involved here and if it's just an average hack or it's something that's going to be held on long term. If just a hack, then a Dash Mat is the obvious choice but if it's more about the passion for the vehicle, then that's going to be far harder than what your thinking.

Last edited: