Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS air bag light is back

Pickled

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
I recently put my car through a roadworthy, the air bag light was showing so my mechanic completely tested and reset the computer, everything was fine and it didn't show any problems.

Yesterday I noticed it has come back on, something must be setting it off but what?

Cheers

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
It could be the clock spring behind the steering wheel,if the steering wheel has been removed at some time,the clock spring can cause problems if it has not been re centered properly before the wheel is put back on.Id also check the SRS module wiring connectors,the SRS module is a box thats screwed to the floor under the drivers seat,also check the SRS wiring running through the dash/steering column area.The SRS wiring around the dash area is yellow with security pins holding the connectors together..Id just go through all the connections to make sure none of the contact pins are corroded or bent or whatever....
If you can get someone with a scantool to check the DTC codes for the SRS system,it should give you an idea as to where the problem roughly is.....Heres a list of the VS SRS DTC codes...Remember that these codes can only be read and cleared with a scantool.Usually a Tech 1 scantool at a holden dealers...
DTC CODE DESCRIPTION
13 Driver's Airbag Circuit Short to Earth
15 Driver's Airbag Circuit Short to Battery
23 Passenger's Airbag Circuit Short to Earth
25 Passenger's Airbag Circuit Short to Battery
31 Driver's Airbag Loop Resistance High
32 Driver's Airbag Loop Resistance Low
33 Passenger's Airbag Loop Resistance High
34 Passenger's Airbag Loop Resistance Low
43 SRS Warning Lamp Short to Battery
44 SRS Warning Lamp Circuit Fault
48 Ignition Input Voltage Low
49 Ignition Input Voltage High
53 Configuration Mis-Match
55 Sensing Diagnostic Module Fault
66 Airbag Deployment Commanded

Last edited:

Pickled

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
It could be the clock spring behind the steering wheel,if the steering wheel has been removed at some time,the clock spring can cause problems if it has not been re centered properly before the wheel is put back on.Id also check the SRS module wiring connectors,the SRS module is a box thats screwed to the floor under the drivers seat,also check the SRS wiring running through the dash/steering column area.The SRS wiring around the dash area is yellow with security pins holding the connectors together..Id just go through all the connections to make sure none of the contact pins are corroded or bent or whatever....
If you can get someone with a scantool to check the DTC codes for the SRS system,it should give you an idea as to where the problem roughly is.....Heres a list of the VS SRS DTC codes...Remember that these codes can only be read and cleared with a scantool.Usually a Tech 1 scantool at a holden dealers...
DTC CODE DESCRIPTION
13 Driver's Airbag Circuit Short to Earth
15 Driver's Airbag Circuit Short to Battery
23 Passenger's Airbag Circuit Short to Earth
25 Passenger's Airbag Circuit Short to Battery
31 Driver's Airbag Loop Resistance High
32 Driver's Airbag Loop Resistance Low
33 Passenger's Airbag Loop Resistance High
34 Passenger's Airbag Loop Resistance Low
43 SRS Warning Lamp Short to Battery
44 SRS Warning Lamp Circuit Fault
48 Ignition Input Voltage Low
49 Ignition Input Voltage High
53 Configuration Mis-Match
55 Sensing Diagnostic Module Fault
66 Airbag Deployment Commanded

I will check those, my mechanic said he already tested the computer for errors and nothing came up, then he reset it to get rid of the error light.

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
I will check those, my mechanic said he already tested the computer for errors and nothing came up, then he reset it to get rid of the error light.

If the SRS dashlight is on,then there will definitely be an SRS error code logged.If theres not,and the light still comes on,then Id say that the SRS module is probably cactus...ask your mechanic if his scantool can actually read the SRS codes,or does it just clear logged SRS error codes?You really need to find out what the logged error code is, to get an idea of where in the SRS system the problem lies....

Last edited: