Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vs Air Bag Light

what should i do about my airbag light?

• Take it to holden price isnt an isue when its safty related

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • take it to my local guy that can clear the code for me

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • pull out the little bulb from the dash :P

Votes: 4 36.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

hdtkid

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commy
hi guys

i need your help....

i was working on my car last night (basic service) after was all done was just letting it run for a wile
heres the thing tho ...... after about 5-10 min the car just died. for what i could gather at first for no reason i wasnt touching anything at that point.

went to check in side and the dash was dead, no reds nothing... found the number 10 fuse had blown. (7.5 amp) and replaced it quickly enough no big deal..... right,,,,

WRONG. my 120amp circut braker was cut for my sound system (never ever happend before)
i reset it noprobs, all works ok

but when i start the car the airbag light comes on as normal. turns off then back on again and stays on . i been reading the fourms all night trying to see if this is normal when a error is logged due to the ignition being on with the blown fuse or maybe me checking all the others. either way.... but no one has said. everyone just says its staying on. im worried there may have been a short in my sound system or in the car it self, and i have a 2farad cap for the amp (LOTS of power) scared if that was sent thru the car what may have been done. maybe just paranoid tho.

should i just play dumb and go get it reset and hope or should i start saving for holden to have a look at it. after all

Wombles

Cars cost too much.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'72 LJ Torana, '95 VS Acclaim and V8 wagon
Take it to either the local guy or Holden.
I think Holden usually test it to make sure the system is fine before reseting it.

darcycammo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Did have VS Berlina now have VT Berlina
ok just take it to Holden and they just go over have a look that there nothing rong and reset the computer..
i had this happen to me last year and i took it to them 15 minutes later they came out and told me that they reset the computer and it didnt cost me anything this was in Ferntree Gully Vic

RX25SE

Real cars are steel cars.
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY07 Liberty 30R Spec B 6sp wagon
Take to a local mechanic with a scan tool.

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT BERLINA/ 98 VS SIII MALOO (RED) LX SLR5000
check your error codes yourself(save $$$) look up checking codes and give it a shot,,,,,dont pay holden when you can do it for free ...best of luck
hi guys

i need your help....

i was working on my car last night (basic service) after was all done was just letting it run for a wile
heres the thing tho ...... after about 5-10 min the car just died. for what i could gather at first for no reason i wasnt touching anything at that point.

went to check in side and the dash was dead, no reds nothing... found the number 10 fuse had blown. (7.5 amp) and replaced it quickly enough no big deal..... right,,,,

WRONG. my 120amp circut braker was cut for my sound system (never ever happend before)
i reset it noprobs, all works ok

but when i start the car the airbag light comes on as normal. turns off then back on again and stays on . i been reading the fourms all night trying to see if this is normal when a error is logged due to the ignition being on with the blown fuse or maybe me checking all the others. either way.... but no one has said. everyone just says its staying on. im worried there may have been a short in my sound system or in the car it self, and i have a 2farad cap for the amp (LOTS of power) scared if that was sent thru the car what may have been done. maybe just paranoid tho.

should i just play dumb and go get it reset and hope or should i start saving for holden to have a look at it. after all

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
check your error codes yourself(save $$$) look up checking codes and give it a shot,,,,,dont pay holden when you can do it for free ...best of luck

On VR/VS commodores, you cant check SRS error codes without a suitable scantool like a Tech1.You can not clear any set SRS error codes either without a scantool.Only the ECU and ABS systems can be diagnosed without having to use a scantool.The ECU is put into diagnostic mode by bridging ALDL connector pins 5 and 6 and will flash up any ECU error codes on the check engine dashlight..The ABS system is put into diagnostic mode by bridging ALDL connector pins 5 and 12,this will flash up the ABS error codes on the ABS dashlight.Theres a list of the ABS error codes on here somewhere.

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT BERLINA/ 98 VS SIII MALOO (RED) LX SLR5000
my mistake? sleep time i think???? thanks brett.....mate go by what brettjjj is saying hes nows his holdens thats for sure,,,,,(cheers glenn and thanks again)
On VR/VS commodores, you cant check SRS error codes without a suitable scantool like a Tech1.You can not clear any set SRS error codes either without a scantool.Only the ECU and ABS systems can be diagnosed without having to use a scantool.The ECU is put into diagnostic mode by bridging ALDL connector pins 5 and 6 and will flash up any ECU error codes on the check engine dashlight..The ABS system is put into diagnostic mode by bridging ALDL connector pins 5 and 12,this will flash up the ABS error codes on the ABS dashlight.Theres a list of the ABS error codes on here somewhere.

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
yeh ive set my airbag light off a few times , anyone with a tech 1-2 tool can reset it for you

Portunio

The Gaffa Tape Wizard
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP S2 V6
if all else fails, replace the bulb and bulb holder in the dash. When the bulbs get old they build up a high electrical resistance and if this becomes high enough, it can trip a fault code within the srs system, ironicly causing the globe to light up. Its a long shot, but i once had this problem with my VR Statesman.

hdtkid

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commy
cheers, thanx for all your input guys, took it to a local bloke cost me $40. only took 10-15min, and it hasnt come back on :)