Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vs aircon coming out of feet when accelerating

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Esteem S2
Hey guys

just got my aircon re gases for the first time since buying the car and when I put my foot down the aircon starts to come out of the feet and stop at the face. Just wondering if someone could help

woteva

NEED 4 SPEED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 Sportwagon - VR2 V6 ecotec Wag - VS2 V6 Wag
You got a vacuum leak somewhere.
Check the reservoir behind the passenger side headlight is still there and connected. It is a ball shape, made of black plastic.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Esteem S2
You got a vacuum leak somewhere.
Check the reservoir behind the passenger side headlight is still there and connected. It is a ball shape, made of black plastic.
Hey mate not sure what I’m meant to be looking for if you could try send a picture that would be helpful

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
Just to clarify what Wot suggested, you'll have to lay down under the car and look upwards toward the LH Headlight area. You can't miss it, it's like a small bowling ball with a rubber hose connected to it. Make sure the hose is still attached.

Must admit this is generally a problem with vehicles fitted with Climate Control and not the standard HVAC system that's fitted in Execs, Acclaims and the Limited Edition packs like Esteems and Equips etc.

woteva

NEED 4 SPEED
Reaction score
Members Ride
Hey mate not sure what I’m meant to be looking for if you could try send a picture that would be helpful
its next to the window washer bottle and about 15cms diameter. If its there, you cant miss it.

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 102
  • s-l1600 (1).jpg
    s-l1600 (1).jpg
    140 KB · Views: 98
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Esteem S2
its next to the window washer bottle and about 15cms diameter. If its there, you cant miss it.
Hey mate na I don’t have one there it’s just the hose hanging down was wondering what that was the other day

woteva

NEED 4 SPEED
Reaction score
Members Ride
Hey mate na I don’t have one there it’s just the hose hanging down was wondering what that was the other day
Try plugging the hose or fold and cable tie it to test. It might work a bit better until you get another vacuum ball.

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
In this case the car would be misbehaving somewhat due to it having a massive vacuum leak and the idle of the engine will be all over the place.