Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vs Aircon Issues

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
Now that the summer is upon us ive noticed that ive got a slight problem with my aircon. It seems to blow out nothing but hot air on my feet even when its off. There is also a brass pipe underneath the dash which is slightly exposed that gets so hot you cant even touch it. I put the aircon on and it still blows out hot air. could the stereo installers have done a **** job at putting the dash back in when they put the deck in and stuffed something up?
Any ideas?

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
Its very likely the radio blokes have reinstalled the heater controls and not adjusted or even attached the heater tap vacuum control making the heater flow water all the time.
The valve that controls the tap is black and has a yellow and black vacuum hose feeding it and is on the drivers side very close to the pipes for the heater .The arm from the heater contol goes down and operates a white rocker arm that pushes on a little knob that shuts off the vacuum to the heater tap when it is in it's very coldest position.
This knob has to be pushed right home to not suppy vacuum....sometimes it doesn't have to be much adjustment to fix this.
The rocker arm pivots on a screw that is screwed into the body of the heater case and also operates the heater door control at the top.
To check if the vacuum control is at fault get someone to operate the heater control from coldest to hot probably best if the engine is running supplying vacuum.
Under the bonnet you should see the heater tap (located below and a bit forward of the brake master cylinder)move as the control is turned from coldest towards hot .

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
cheers, ill check it out
and just a word of advice, to anyone in ACT who is going to get a stereo installed, do NOT take it to BDL car stereo. they did a **** job on my ute and ill never take another car of mine back so long as i live

gsmrobinson

Reaction score
The heater tap problem has been explained and providing the tap turns off the vacuum is OK. If it still gets hot you might have to replace the heater tap.

Did you mean that the vent controls do not work and only blow down to your feet???

Does the compressor cut in at all....should be able to hear it when it does. If not pop the bonnet and see if the very front of the compressor is spinning with the A/c on.

Did these problems start after you got the stereo fitted???

Let us know and I'll see if I can give some more advice.

regards Guy