Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS Alarm help

Clint_G

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ SS
hi guys. i got a vs senator. my alarm used to beep when the lock button was pushed on the remote. now since i have replaced two of the locking motors in the the door and my old man has fiddled with the key it doesn't beep when the lock button is pushed. when we first put the new motors in it did. now is there a way to deactivate the alarm or the alarm sound with the key at all using the buttons.

The1

A Memcal a Day Keeps..
Reaction score
Website
www.eyeit.org
Members Ride
VS V6 Berlina Auto
when you press unlock is deactivates it, is this what you mean?

Clint_G

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ SS
No normally when i hit the lock key it makes a beep. And if you open the door the alarm goes off. Now when i lock it nothing happens. No beep.

The1

A Memcal a Day Keeps..
Reaction score
Website
www.eyeit.org
Members Ride
VS V6 Berlina Auto
im not sure if senator has the ISS security thing with the keytag or not, but ya dad might have disabled the alarm.

James39

Gave up on VL's
Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 VS Acclaim & 1992 Holden Barina
No normally when i hit the lock key it makes a beep. And if you open the door the alarm goes off. Now when i lock it nothing happens. No beep.

Does the alarm go off when you open the door? lights flash?

Clint_G

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ SS
alright so i spoke to my mate who used to work at holden. he said it used to beep to indicate that not all the locks were working so thats why it no longer makes the sound. and the alarm still works if i open the door so its all good. thanks for the help guys.