Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS Alarm system

CommyLover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
hey guys ive got a vs series 1 berlina and im wondering about teh security light immobilser thingy...
ive read that teh acclaims have no alarm as such, only an immobiliser which is disengaged by teh key. but does teh berlina have an alarm? coz in teh manual thingy, it states that if an atempt to break into teh car occurs, when unlocked, the blinkers will flash 3 times not twice and tehn the code flashing form teh security lgiht will tell where the intrusion occured(ie rear door, boot, bonnet, ignition etc)

and when i goto lock teh car, all teh doors etc lock as normal but then a second or two later teh car beeps at me, i figured this was due to an open door or sumthing, so have checked all doors etc and there all fine. ive checked bonnet, boot, unsured windows were up fully yet i still get the beep. what am i missing?

Jamie_87

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 BA XR6
the beep after locking ur car means, one of the solinoids arnt working properly

Harvs82

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY08 Subaru Liberty GT-B & MY16 VF II SS Redline
CommyLover said:
hey guys ive got a vs series 1 berlina and im wondering about teh security light immobilser thingy...
ive read that teh acclaims have no alarm as such, only an immobiliser which is disengaged by teh key. but does teh berlina have an alarm? coz in teh manual thingy, it states that if an atempt to break into teh car occurs, when unlocked, the blinkers will flash 3 times not twice and tehn the code flashing form teh security lgiht will tell where the intrusion occured(ie rear door, boot, bonnet, ignition etc)

and when i goto lock teh car, all teh doors etc lock as normal but then a second or two later teh car beeps at me, i figured this was due to an open door or sumthing, so have checked all doors etc and there all fine. ive checked bonnet, boot, unsured windows were up fully yet i still get the beep. what am i missing?

Could be a sensor issue with the beeping, or as previously mentioned, one of the door lock actuators are not working properly.

The Berlina does come with the factory alarm, integrated with the immobiliser system. It basically just flashes the indicators and blasts the horn when it is set off. You can test it by leaving the driver's window open, lock the car with the key, and then unlock the car from inside, using the knob, when you open the door it will sound the alarm.