Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vs audio wiring loom

B

big_soadfan

i have a 98 vs ute and im trying 2 fit a new stereo. im not 100% sure of the wiring loom so can anyone help me with the colours, i mainly need the the ones for the ingnition and the battery. can someone help :dance: :thumbsup:

cruzn

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr Commodore
answer

big_soadfan said:
i have a 98 vs ute and im trying 2 fit a new stereo. im not 100% sure of the wiring loom so can anyone help me with the colours, i mainly need the the ones for the ingnition and the battery. can someone help :dance: :thumbsup:

I'm not all that shore about colours but i wouldn;t tak advice form people by colour it could definatelly damage your unit if a mistake is made. Your best go is by using a multimetre which costs 10-20 bucks. Your memry or constant (batery) wire is the thickest and measures 12.4volts regrdless of the ignition switch even if it is not inswerted. Your ignition wire is just as thick as your memory wire but only measures 12.4v when the ignition position is in acc or on. Your earth wire could be earthed and as for the speakers i find it best to check the colour coming from each speaker to make sure of the right speaker position. I've done this plenty of times:yeah: and if your follow this advice you won't go wrong:dance: P.S you will end up with some cables from your car that are left over. Don't worry about them because you original radio connection had additional wires for light limming when headlights are turned on. :thumbsup:

DeiCide

DeiCide
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S2 L67
here you go!:thumbsup:

Last edited: