Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS auto, no reverse

decrepitbirth

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore executive series 2
hELLo was driving car for aboujt 4 hours, went to park up and reverse wouldnt go. no clunking sound revs, didnt appear to click over into any gear at all. now appears to have trouble changing gears. any ideas what this may be?

S2_VR_

Reaction score
Members Ride
03' M6 VY SS ute
Im not that good with this kind of thing...but im assuming it could posibly something to do with your Gearbox......dont hold me to that...it's just a thought....

nah sorry man..i just felt i couldnt let it get away....good luck buddy

OzJD

Reaction score
Website
jeltel.com.au
Members Ride
2010 Holden Caprice V II (V8)
Yeh man, I reckon it MIGHT be your gearbox... blame S2_VR

Does the stick actually move past reverse?

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
Sounds like you've done the sun shell in the transmission which means your car is in limp home mode plus no reverse - stays in 3rd gear. If that's the case then it means the trans is buggered.

decrepitbirth

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore executive series 2
hey guys thanks for the replies. Sorry was bit pissed of when i wrote that, didnt make complete sense. When changing gear into reverse, no clunking sound, it just rev's up, but not like a good rev up should sound, its almost hollow. when changing into drive its fine, but when say travelling up a hill, it has trouble clicking over into higher gears just high revs at first then it clicks over and revs continue for about a second longer then usual. have checked transmission fluid and its got enough.

Last edited:

Chris E

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Executive 3.8
It's what the other fellas have said, your gearbox has given it up, In one of the gearboxes that I've destroyed losing reverse was the first sign, it'l last a bit longer if you baby it but it's not going to last to much longer.