Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vs auto sedan to vs manual ute

redvs2

Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor charged Vs, VY ss ute, rodeo daily
Hey guys! im thinking of upgrading to a vsIII manual ute. still a v6 tho. On my auto sedan i have lukey extractors. would these extractors and exhaust be transferable onto the ute? aslo on the sedan i have put munroe gt shocks and king spring lows all round... how much of that could i use on the ute. the front would be the same wouldn't it? but the ute would have leaf springs on the rear ey?
Thanks fellas!
Josh

cander24

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ GTO. VS LS1.
Your front shocks and springs will swap into the ute with no dramas, but the rears wont. The ute uses shocks and springs in the rear too, not leafs, but they are different to a sedan and have a higher load rating. As for the exhaust, im not too sure but I think you might have issues around the y-pipe area.

cander24

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ GTO. VS LS1.
Yes your lukey headers will definately swap over onto your new ute without any dramas, im just not too sure about how much of the pipework will be transferable as the ute and sedan will have a slightly different floorpan design and the y-pipe area will be slightly different between an auto and manual box. Worst case scenario though you should be able to get it to suit the ute with a little modification.