Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vs Auto Shift Kit

64now95

devil man... its a genuine hdt cold air intake n if i couldnt have coughed up a dollar to do it, i doubt i would have gone to da point of cutting some poly up to do the job. As for runnin temps, the difference is noticable given that the car is being pushed more now and temps still remain stable.

thanks for the advice of the auto shifters, seems that for the strain it would put on the trans and pressure it would create aint worth it in da long run... at least for the tenths you would pick up in speed.. but if anyone knows the cost for one on a vs v6 auto it would be appreciated

menzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series 2 Omega
well i recently got pricing on stage 1 and 2 and 3 shift kits in adelaide for my vr v6 which would be the same pricing for a vs v6

Pricing

Stage 1 $1500.00
Stage 2 $1900.00
Stage 3 $2800.00

Stage 2 is the recommended as stage 3 is full manual shift wich is a bastard for everyday driving....... and stage one doesn't apparently give much improvement....
Stage 2 price is an exchange box with internals hardened and shift kit fitted including all labour...

If anyone in adelaide wants to know more i can organise the phone number

Gobbles

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim Series II
a guy i know only paid $350 for his stage 2 shift kit and $150 for a transmission cooler for his series 1 VS exec....are you sure they are that expensive?

Berlina

Reaction score
Website
s64.photobucket.com
Members Ride
vz sv6 A5
I put in a B&M shift kit myself,

It cost around 100 bucks for the kit,

P.S. I have another the same 4 sale for 85, just the instructions are a little workshop dirty!!!!!

D

dumpd6

eh i dunno what other people have said. cant really be stuffed reading them all so ill just put my 2 bobs worth in. a shift kit just improves how quick it shifts into gear and also the revs dont drop as much when it changes while ur giving it **** what else do u wanna know? ill tell u all the other little things i know that mite help u. 1 if you are constantly giving it **** ur trans wont last as long 2. the come in 3 diferent stages 1,2,3 3.stage 1 is pretty piss weak 4.stage 2 is the way to go because stage 3 is normaly manual shift 5. but if u know a bit about shift kits there is a hole you can drill out the bigger you dril it the harder it will shift if you knew where this hose is you could save your self money buying a stage 1 kit and drilling that hole. you may even be able to drill out the factory one but im not sure

Gobbles

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim Series II
berlina does that B&M shift kit actually work as well as what a Stage 2 kit would do ?

Berlina

Reaction score
Website
s64.photobucket.com
Members Ride
vz sv6 A5
QUOTE stage 2 is the way to go

QUOTE berlina does that B&M shift kit actually work as well as what a Stage 2 kit would do ? 

Exactly wot I did....

kit comes in two stage, either stage one or stage two

Gobbles

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim Series II
by stage 2 im refering to the kit that strengthens the gearbox internals not just the electronic one......where about are you located ?