Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS Auto shift solenoid fault

MR.HG

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HG Brougham, VS Ute, VR SS
Hey guys heres one for ya :) My berlina shat its box last week - went shudder shudder shudder CLUNK!!!changing from 1st to 2nd... s
o i put a second hand one in and keeps bringing up the shift solenoid error code with the engine management light permenantly on...yet the car drives fine...shifts like a dream, kicks down perfectly....very confused lol
i suppose i will have to replace the shift solenoid to remove the engine management light incase i have a real fault....

somefool

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
1991 VN 'S', 1997 Ford Laser 1.6
reset teh computer fault codes? i duno much about it the computers for that box but try pulling the positive terminal off the battery for 10 minutes or so then reconnect and drive again

MR.HG

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HG Brougham, VS Ute, VR SS
reset teh computer fault codes? i duno much about it the computers for that box but try pulling the positive terminal off the battery for 10 minutes or so then reconnect and drive again

done and done - many times

VR38

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E
What is the error code?

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Did the box that you fitted have the same number of pins in the electrical connector as the box that was removed?All these transmissions are the same as in they will bolt up no worries,but the electrical connector can be different,some only have 12 pins in the connector,and others have 13 pins.The VS needs the 13 pin connector on the trans,the VR used only 12 pins.I know that if they arent right it will set error codes..im not exactly sure what codes will set though.....