Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vs axles into Vl housing

Dribbles93

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vl
Looking at upgrading to an lsd diff an disk brake rear end on my rb30 Vl
Have picked up a solid axle vs commodore disk brakes but it’s an open diff , but I also have a v8 Vl Calais diff centre , could I shorten the vs axles and use the brakes off the vs to go into the vl v8 diff housing an centre cheers

Attachments

• A93E13EB-142B-474D-A722-FAF45E3EEBC6.png
    A93E13EB-142B-474D-A722-FAF45E3EEBC6.png
    289.7 KB · Views: 126

Richzx

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vl
Brakes will bolt straight on but you will need disc brake axle seals. By the time you get axle's shorted and splined etc it would be easier to buy axles that are correct length spline in the first place?

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
As above better off just buying new axles & be done with it especially if want to put boot in every now & then.

To get axles shortened you need 2 of the long axles cut down...for short axle it will be chopped & resplined but for long axle they just trim it down & only 20mm or less of actual spline engagement into the lsd centre which when see it you'll probably regret tight-arse option.

I've tried it but nowadays can aftermarket axles off the shelf...much cheaper,safer & easier option.