Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS BCM UPGRADE From Low to Lux

VFWAGS15

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VF2 SS Sportswagon
Hi Everyone,

Im doing abit if a project at the moment on a VS S and im having some drama with it with wiring, it all started when the BCM(Low) decided to **** it self.
I decided to do a few upgrades to the VS and turn it into something different and I thought about putting in the caprice roof with all the vanity mirrors and grab handles with the lights, a VR dash pad with a VS statesman fascia, climate control, VS level 3 cluster, radio controls on the steering wheel and probably more that im can't think of right now.
I have all these parts just sitting here ready to go in, so when the BCM died I come across a LUX BCM with key fob out of a VS berlina, I have a VS stato dash loom and my question is what else is needed to just get the car moving again If I install the new dash loom, cluster, and climate control?

I've noticed the LUX BCM Has more plug holes than what i have available with the new stato loom and what's on the body loom.....i think (unless im missing one in there somewhere). Do I need to do such a monstrous task as to changing the body loom to a stato or belina ect just to get the car moving again or is there another way around this to get some if these new accessories working aswell as the car?

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Yes. I wanted to do this with my VP when I had the dash out. Decided against it.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Fitting a complete Stato dash loom will be very difficult at best. From factory the loom is installed before the cab module is attached to the rest of the car. It can definitely be done but you will need patience and it may require patch looms, rather than trying to fit an original Stato harness. @vs-lover will have the good info you need.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Would the HVAC be different as well? Not sure how climate control worked. Dual zone etc.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Would the HVAC be different as well? Not sure how climate control worked. Dual zone etc.
If a Caprice HAVAC can go in a ute I don't see it a prob in a sedan or wags. The amount or effort though, you'd want to have lots of time and patience and know ways of testing before everything is back together.