Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS Berlina 1995 V6 4spd Auto...stalling issue!! :(

James39

Gave up on VL's
Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 VS Acclaim & 1992 Holden Barina
what does that do?

It removes the Harmonic Balancer from the crank shaft (correct me if I have the name wrong), I need to remove it so I can get to the crank angle sensor (CAS)

daora

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VS Berlina 3.8
It removes the Harmonic Balancer from the crank shaft (correct me if I have the name wrong), I need to remove it so I can get to the crank angle sensor (CAS)

id rather the mechanic do it hehe only thing id like to learn how to do is service mi own car....btw is thera temp way to fix the roof lining? (sorry for going of topic) coz the rear end of the lining blocking part of my rear vision.....soon i get the car back from the mechanic mum says she can fix it for me till i take it to autobarn next week :)

James39

Gave up on VL's
Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 VS Acclaim & 1992 Holden Barina
id rather the mechanic do it hehe only thing id like to learn how to do is service mi own car....btw is thera temp way to fix the roof lining? (sorry for going of topic) coz the rear end of the lining blocking part of my rear vision.....soon i get the car back from the mechanic mum says she can fix it for me till i take it to autobarn next week :)

If I am able I like to do it myself, so far I have done the Inlet manifold, fuel injectors, replaced the DIFF (IRS), replaced the trans fluid, replaced a few bushes in the front (more to be done).
Doing a service is rather easy for the most part.

If you are going fix the roof lining then do not worry about a temp fix just replace it or pay someone :) https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/how-replace-headlining-very-detailed.47983
If you have a front loader washing machine you might be able to wash your roof lining fabric...

Last edited:

aussie4life

Keep It Simple Stupid
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE International 3.0L
is it the whole roof lining or is it just the fabric that covers it?

daora

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VS Berlina 3.8
is it the whole roof lining or is it just the fabric that covers it?

the back near teh rear window is of the thing that holds it in place came loose its dangerous driving with the lining hanging that low in hte back

Jonah 101

Undefined
Reaction score
Members Ride
R32 Skyline
How do you test the coil packs? is it just testing the resistance across the contacts?

and the DFI module, is there a test for that. Im looking at a commy with the same issue. soon, I will checkt he fuel filter aswell.

daora

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VS Berlina 3.8
hey in regards to my stalling issue could a faulty radiator cause it all if they checked everything elese and nothing is causing it?......coz while i was driving on sunday the temp guage climbed up to the half way mark faster than normal and once it got there engine cut out.....once i pulled over waited a bit turned the car on no prob but 5min later it cuts out again......hmmm puzzling.

VR38

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E
Not the radiator but it is heat related, sounds like something electrical is getting hot and failing.