Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS Berlina 1995 V6 4spd Auto...stalling issue!! :(

Trikky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF S2 SV6 Manual
daora
if your car is cutting out when it gets hots but starts again when it cools - these are the classic symptoms of the crank angle sensor failing

next time it does it poor some cool water on your harmonic balancer and try starting it straight away, if it starts again without waiting for the car to cool the crank angle sensor is stuffed

from what I have read on here only get a genuine one as everybody says the ebay ones fail quickly

Ghost

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Commodore berlina Sedan 1996
Trikky is right its a warped crank angle sensor

daora

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VS Berlina 3.8
daora
if your car is cutting out when it gets hots but starts again when it cools - these are the classic symptoms of the crank angle sensor failing

next time it does it poor some cool water on your harmonic balancer and try starting it straight away, if it starts again without waiting for the car to cool the crank angle sensor is stuffed

from what I have read on here only get a genuine one as everybody says the ebay ones fail quickly

Is weird dude they told me they put new CAS and the Harmonic Balancer was replaced :S its gotta be something they missed :( friend of mine on facebooke whos a mechanic dealt witht this issue of mine.....apprently its a throttle sensor but i reckon it could be multiple things wrong :( im worried bout that car.

Trikky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF S2 SV6 Manual
was the CAS a genuine one from holden or a so called genuine from EBAY?

hey if they used a genuine one from holden you still could have got a dud

daora

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VS Berlina 3.8
was the CAS a genuine one from holden or a so called genuine from EBAY?

hey if they used a genuine one from holden you still could have got a dud

the mechanics got a holden technician to look at my car and hes also puzzled.....btw the mechanics supplie dthe parts not me

Trikky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF S2 SV6 Manual
ok as mentioned yesterday it sounds like you have a faulty CAS with what it is doing - nothing against the Holden guy that looked at it but even the so calle dexperts can be stumped at times
off topic a friend had a FPV FG F6 that used to stall, 2 different Ford dealers looked at it and even a FPV guy looked at it, none of them could work out what was going on - my friend ended up fixing it himself

Back onto your car, ask your mechanic what brand of CAS did he use, did he get it from Holden or elsewhere?

Your sympton is exactly the same as what I had last week when the CAS was playing up in my car

daora

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VS Berlina 3.8
I'm that close about to give up on that car i had a feeling that teh car i bought turned out to be a lemon

daora

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VS Berlina 3.8
Got mi car back today and it turned out to be a burnt out fuel regualtor......and the fuel pump was burnt out too....they replaced em filled her up and all good i now have full tank of fuel......but now i have an electrical issue.....my driver side power window wont go up anymore i can hear the motor working but no action......the passenger side rear works but sometimes wont go up ud have to put it all the way down for it to work properly. ....im thinking fuse but dont know where to look and another thing i could think of is the motor or regulator as what u guys call it....

Trikky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF S2 SV6 Manual
if you can hear the motor working it will not be a fuse but the window regulator itself
The motor drives the window via a cable and there is a plastic bit that breaks on them - you will need to replace the whole window regulator

Had to do it on mine when I first got it took about an hour to do

here is the how to on installing power windows into a car - will help with changing the regulator

https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/how-install-power-windows.26933

Last edited: