Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS Berlina 1995 V6 4spd Auto...stalling issue!! :(

daora

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VS Berlina 3.8
if you can hear the motor working it will not be a fuse but the window regulator itself
The motor drives the window via a cable and there is a plastic bit that breaks on them - you will need to replace the whole window regulator

Had to do it on mine when I first got it took about an hour to do

here is the how to on installing power windows into a car - will help with changing the regulator

https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/how-install-power-windows.26933

i'll get mi lil bro to work on it hes got a steady hand forthe soldiering iron.

Trikky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF S2 SV6 Manual
no soldering iron needed as you already have power windows

basically you will need to drill out the rivetts used to hold the original window regulator on, unplug it from the wiring harness, remove the old one and refit the replacement one and use some high tensile nuts/bolts with washers to hold the window regulator inplace.

I posted the guide as it shows how to remove the regulator etc

James39

Gave up on VL's
Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 VS Acclaim & 1992 Holden Barina
Got mi car back today and it turned out to be a burnt out fuel regualtor......and the fuel pump was burnt out too.....

I wish I was that mechanic, I would be making good money from you .

daora

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VS Berlina 3.8
I wish I was that mechanic, I would be making good money from you .

now the battery has died....and what fruststrates me is that i have to treat the fuel guage 1/4 tank as empty....if i go below that problems will come back again. It got me thinking i should buy a replacemtn car once i fix it.

James39

Gave up on VL's
Reaction score
Members Ride
now the battery has died....and what fruststrates me is that i have to treat the fuel guage 1/4 tank as empty....if i go below that problems will come back again. It got me thinking i should buy a replacemtn car once i fix it.

Broken fuel return line in the tank, you cannot blame the car for what people have done to it...

Trikky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF S2 SV6 Manual
Yep exactly - sounds like your "mechanic" is not so much one

As James said don't blame your poor car for his butchering

James39

Gave up on VL's
Reaction score
Members Ride
They said to me the fuel lines are fine :S

Well going by what is said they are not, it may even be completely broken and do not see it when they remove the pump. The symptoms you have mentioned point towards the return line in the tank been broken. Your outside fuel lines would be fine...

I would even put a wager on it, that the return line in the tank is the problem. Would of saved a lot of money if you replaced the fuel tank.

Plus it is obvious that they have lied to you as you still have the problems, would have been better going to someone who knows how to fix your car.

daora

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VS Berlina 3.8
Well going by what is said they are not, it may even be completely broken and do not see it when they remove the pump. The symptoms you have mentioned point towards the return line in the tank been broken. Your outside fuel lines would be fine...

I would even put a wager on it, that the return line in the tank is the problem. Would of saved a lot of money if you replaced the fuel tank.

Plus it is obvious that they have lied to you as you still have the problems, would have been better going to someone who knows how to fix your car.

How much do Vs's go for these days?

James39

Gave up on VL's
Reaction score
Members Ride
How much do Vs's go for these days?

Depends on many things. If people knew you had a bad mechanic working on it they would offer you very little or would not touch it.

How about you find a better mechanic to fix your car or better yet get a workshop manual and study it, you will be amazed on the things you will be able to do yourself and also if you took it to a mechanic you will know what they are saying is right.

I have only had my VS since June last year and so far I have had to fix many things and I will not part with it now.
Thanks to all the tips and advise on this forum I now have a better understanding of my car and the money I have saved as well.

My advise to you is to get another fuel tank for your VS and before you get it installed make sure the fuel return line is not broken, in fact make sure it is not broken before you buy it....