Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS Berlina interior globes

daveb6886

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Berlina
I would like to change over all my interior globes to LED (as halogens are hard to come by) please advise me is anyone knows of some bad cons.

Has anyone done a guide to globe types and sizes for the interior/dash and console?

two-bit

old enough to mang better
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S series II

that's the guide no pictures how ever but self explanatory, should list all globes required, you may need some extras of certain type because you have a berlina(climate control unit different speed alert)

get some trim removal tools to help with removing the interior trim and take time your one snapped clip away from having a bad day and things not fitting properly again or worse trying to chase down a un broken bit.

if you do it post up the result would love to have a peek as most of my globes are burnt out and i have been thinking about going to led

Last edited:

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
I'll add some of my finding late tonight on which are the better LEDs from my experience.

I'll add some links if I still have them or pics

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
apologies for the late update.

After trialing a heap of different styles and types, these are the LEDS i've settled on, both units i've found the best light spread and coverage for the dash lights.
10pcs T10 194 168 W5W COB 8 SMD SILICA Bright LED light Bulb 6000K Super White | eBay
10x T5 White 58 74 Dashboard Gauge COB SMD Flood LED Wedge Dash Panel Bulb Light | eBay

this style is next on my list to finish replacing all globes next time i pull the cluster out. i cant remember/find the actual listing
T5 NEO WEDGE PREMIUM CAR INTERIOR EXTERIOR WHITE RED BLUE LED BULBS | eBay
i have tried using a few of these replacement unit bases, but they are shithouse and dont lock in. I cannot stress this enough.
I recommend you unwind the wrapped wire from the base of the genuine unit and the ebay replacements, and swap the guts into the genuine base. This gives the benefit of led and guaranteed locking and fitment of the original base.

For the T3 neo wedge in the hazard/AC/etc buttons, I haven't needed to touch as all bulbs are working. I will do the same process as the T5 neo when the time comes

this type is new, which i want try down the track as well.
✨10X T10 LED 10-SMD 7020 W5W Wedge Bulb Car Dome Interior Map Lights Lamps White | eBay

i hope that helps.

jeepster

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Ute
apologies for the late update.

After trialing a heap of different styles and types, these are the LEDS i've settled on, both units i've found the best light spread and coverage for the dash lights.
10pcs T10 194 168 W5W COB 8 SMD SILICA Bright LED light Bulb 6000K Super White | eBay
10x T5 White 58 74 Dashboard Gauge COB SMD Flood LED Wedge Dash Panel Bulb Light | eBay

this style is next on my list to finish replacing all globes next time i pull the cluster out. i cant remember/find the actual listing
T5 NEO WEDGE PREMIUM CAR INTERIOR EXTERIOR WHITE RED BLUE LED BULBS | eBay
i have tried using a few of these replacement unit bases, but they are shithouse and dont lock in. I cannot stress this enough.
Are these polarised? My experience with LEDs is that the T10 size has bridge rectifiers inside, so they work first time, but the smaller sizes are polarised, so half the time you have to pull them out and flip them around.....

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Are these polarised? My experience with LEDs is that the T10 size has bridge rectifiers inside, so they work first time, but the smaller sizes are polarised, so half the time you have to pull them out and flip them around.....
Yep some are and sometimes you blow fuses fitting them around the wrong way. The key barrel light is particularly susceptible to blowing fuses if fitted the wrong way around.

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6

All the links provided are polarised units. I would guess most of the cheaper units are directional, where as your more expensive ones aren't. Not always the case though.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I thought the really tiny T wedge globes didn't have a removable base. Rather they just plug straight into the factory sockets. I bought a few from Jaycar but found them average quality at best. Like Ephect said they don't fit tight in the factory sockets and this too causes blown fuses. I prefer factory bulbs but they will be hard to get in years to come.

Bay 13

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT.
Got them in mine use bright SMD, things to consider are colours, red will become purple if you put blue in.. Also your needles will be hard to see, I removed mine and scraped them clean and got white needle paint.. Before removing with a fork mark the spot with a grey lead. Also Autobarn have good interior light smd..