Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vs berlina losing power

Beecho88

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Berlina
Anyone had this problem before. 95 vs berlina shuts off when i turn the climate control on. Mainly does it when im driving. The car keeps turning on and off quickly until i turn the c/c off. Its only been doing it recently. I took the car to get a diagnostics check and it come up with no problems. The car used to stall on idle at the lights a while back so i cleaned out the throttle body and been fine since and now ive got this c/c problem. Checked all the fuses and there ok.

K-BAGZ

De Plane! De Plane!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR II S-pac V6 Ute / VZ SV6 Sedan / VZ R8
Sounds like you have a BCM to ECCM issue. Also depends if your Berlina is a high or low series model. Low series models don't have an electronic climate control model. A diagnostics check won't log a A/C fault.

aussie4life

Keep It Simple Stupid
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE International 3.0L
the other thing it could be is the extra load on the electrical circuit causes the ecu to increase revs. if the iac isnt working or the stop screw isnt adjusted properly then it could stall if the iac cant open fast enough. you said that you cleaned the TB, but did you clean the IAC at the same time?