Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS Berlina Wagon - Manual | Supercharged

SweetWagon

booosted
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina Wagon Supercharged
That's fairly much exactly how I was thinking of doing my catch can too, I managed to pick up an elite engineering catch can for a good price.

Shame about the clutch.....

The black blower looks good, I'm planning to do something similar but with the VHT black wrinkle paint.

Yeah the catch can works well, had a couple drops in it after the track day, intake/blower was very oiled up when i dis-assembled it.

Havnt had much luck with clutches in this, exedy clutch had a failed thrust bearing, and the NPC thrust bearing positions the clutch fork too far forward, resulting in a low pedal height. Almost tempted to rip the lot out and throw in a hydraulic setup and T56 box.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Yeah the catch can works well, had a couple drops in it after the track day, intake/blower was very oiled up when i dis-assembled it.

Havnt had much luck with clutches in this, exedy clutch had a failed thrust bearing, and the NPC thrust bearing positions the clutch fork too far forward, resulting in a low pedal height. Almost tempted to rip the lot out and throw in a hydraulic setup and T56 box.

Have you tried adjusting the clutch pivot ball height to sort out the clutch pedal height?

Last edited:

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Hmmmmm, gonna need a different thrust bearing, what do NPC say? Checked there catalogue?

VK SL 3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL 5spd
Interested to see how you go with the clutch, i have an excedy heavy duty clutch as well and i have always had a long pedal with poor feel. Never slips though, just comes up a long way past the brake pedal with it taking up just off the floor. Feels like it has no bight but then has 3 days of spring pressure left from when it start to take up.

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Interested to see how you go with the clutch, i have an excedy heavy duty clutch as well and i have always had a long pedal with poor feel. Never slips though, just comes up a long way past the brake pedal with it taking up just off the floor. Feels like it has no bight but then has 3 days of spring pressure left from when it start to take up.

That sounds like my old VN when I fitted a new clutch, machined the flywheel but didn't adjust the clutch fork pivot ball to suit.

VK SL 3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL 5spd
That sounds like my old VN when I fitted a new clutch, machined the flywheel but didn't adjust the clutch fork pivot ball to suit.

I measured the pivot ball when i changed the box, it was whatever excedy recommends so ive given up on it. I was looking at a Cushioned Button Clutch as apparently they have a lot more bight and are still reasonable to use in a daily with good feel.