Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS berlina worth?

ckreskay

Reaction score
Members Ride
none
this bloke wants to sell me a VS berlina sedan thats got a VT motor in it, its got over 200k on the clock, a few paint scratches from a car park and looks like the rear main seal is leaking. its got no rego and i need to get a blue slip.

how much should i pay for it?

baza

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss 2003 auto sedan
welcome to the forum ckreskay , if the berlina was in good condition and registered with good paint and no oil dripping on ground, would be worth to buy 2500 - 3000 dollars maximum. the car your thinking of buying will most likely cost $ 1500 just to fix the rear seal and register. if you really like that car dont pay more than $ 1000 . remember there are plenty of cars for sale , its a buyers market . cheers.......

phat_com

VR IS A BEAST WITH NEW V6
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR s2 Acclaim/VK IS GONE :(
well i paid $400 for my vr just out of rego, 17" rims and leaking 18" rims and a fresh reco'd engine. so i wouldn't pay anywhere near $1000 & there's one around the corner from my work that sounds pretty much like your car your interested in but with 2.5months rego for $700.

I have been told by a mate, and live by this, that when your buying a car, Do NOT buy the first car you look at because you will always find 1 thats more what your looking for and cheaper!

zelby11

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
SCOOTER
What series VT motor is it,if its series 1 then dont bother buying it,thats why the rear main seal is leaking the VT motor was renowned for the rear seals leaking.And it also depends on how long it has been leaking because once the main seal goes the motor will need to be fully reconditioned.And trying to get a blue slip,the mechanic will try to find everything thats wrong with it.It sounds like the actual car has done plenty of kms,if its got 200ks on it now then what do you think the original vs motor had on it?You probably wont be able to insure it for what its worth.I have VS Berlina,I have spent about 10 grand on it but its only worth 3 grand according to the insurance company.Your better off buying one thats already got every thing that you want on it,because you will be off in the long run.

ckreskay

Reaction score
Members Ride
none
thanks for your replies guys. maybe i should take a drive up parramatta road instead and haggle with the dealers. i might get a better deal with them than the one from a mate who needs the cash :)

zelby11

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
SCOOTER
Well if your helping a mate out that needs the cash surely he wouldnt sell you a crappy car now would he?

Last edited:

zelby11

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
SCOOTER
But if your serious about buying the car and think that you might keep it for awhile and you have the money to fix it and get it registered then buy it

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT BERLINA/ 98 VS SIII MALOO (RED) LX SLR5000
i have 1 of thE 1st vt 1997 MOD ever made( in 14 yrs the only prob has been a alternatore.(not not every mech goes over the car with a fine tooth comb(dont pUt the kid off) and how can you say thay wont insure it for what its worth?/? HE DIDNT STATE WHAT HE PAID FOR IT...CHILL OUT WHEN YOU AINT EVEN SEEN THE CAR
What series VT motor is it,if its series 1 then dont bother buying it,thats why the rear main seal is leaking the VT motor was renowned for the rear seals leaking.And it also depends on how long it has been leaking because once the main seal goes the motor will need to be fully reconditioned.And trying to get a blue slip,the mechanic will try to find everything thats wrong with it.It sounds like the actual car has done plenty of kms,if its got 200ks on it now then what do you think the original vs motor had on it?You probably wont be able to insure it for what its worth.I have VS Berlina,I have spent about 10 grand on it but its only worth 3 grand according to the insurance company.Your better off buying one thats already got every thing that you want on it,because you will be off in the long run.
I WOULDNT ALWAYS GO TO A DEALER IETHER(GO TO WERE THE DEALERS BuY THE CARS FROM) As stated above its a buyers market......

ckreskay

Reaction score
Members Ride
none
Well if your helping a mate out that needs the cash surely he wouldnt sell you a crappy car now would he?

turns out its a VS motor with VX parts from a wrecker put on the motor. looks like bog/filler in the rear driver quarter panel and theres rust blisters under the bog. im considering only giving him a grand, then i'll run it into the ground and trade it in next year.

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT BERLINA/ 98 VS SIII MALOO (RED) LX SLR5000
MMM $1000,,,,MATE ADD $500 to $1000 more and get a better 1....if its like that on the outside? what it like in all the places you cant seee? how crappy and dirty is the oil? nah mate A GRAND IS A GRAND,,,,DONT JUST THROW IT AT ANYTHING ...ID NE TAKING MY TIME AND LOOKING AROUNG ( THE LONGER IT TAKES LOL THE MORE CASH YOU CAN SAVE 2WARDS A BETTER CAR)
turns out its a VS motor with VX parts from a wrecker put on the motor. looks like bog/filler in the rear driver quarter panel and theres rust blisters under the bog. im considering only giving him a grand, then i'll run it into the ground and trade it in next year.
MY VT BELINA WITH LEATHER( im the only owner) is only worth $4000 at most and i payed $48,000 plus for it 14yrs ago.......look around $1000 cars aint always a bargin