Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS Body Red 202 motor HELP

Thorne Wilson

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore
So I’m in the mix of building a speedway car and I have to have a motor with a carby so I am going to put a Red 202 motor in a VS body just need to know what Kframe and other details I should know?

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Would be a VK K-frame. You might have issues with the rack using that K-frame though. Also might have to mix and match halves of a VK or a VL tail shaft with the VS one.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Id be inclined to drop in a VR Buick engine. You should get better torque from a Buick. You should also be able to find a carby manifold to suit. Buicks are really popular as speedway engines and I think Delcowizzid runs his Buick in a drag car. Or some form of race car.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
VL through to VS V8 K-frame can be used to bolt the 202 into place, with no necessity to worry about the rack positioning, providing you use the same rack that came with the car.....The V8 k-frames use a long bolt and nut to hold the engine to the K-frame....The V6 K-frames (VL being the exception), have 2 holes (I think), where the thread from the engine mounts slide into place and are held.

The 6 cyl VL K-frame, I am unsure whether it can be used, as my memory is vague how the engine is held in place.

About 3 years ago, I replaced a VL V8 k-frame with a VS one, as the owner stuffed the K-frame....It was a straight bolt in