Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS brake upgrade

W

wado

Hey all

I was wondering if anyone knows of a big brake kit / upgrade for a vs commodore. I want some that will fill out the 18's i have but i don't want to spend a fortune.

Any ideas? Have any of you done this before?

Cheers

Wado

knowledge_is_power

Quest for Cognition
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SII V6 A4
PBR's brake upgrade seems to be what most people are doing for an upgrade
$2500 approx
330mm rotors front (Up from 289mm stock VS) &
315mm Vented rears (Up from 279mm solid rotors)
With Corvette Calipers. Twin piston front, single rear.

Or the other cheaper option is just to get the VT brakes. The bigger twin piston caliper fills the wheels more.

Jezz

vywgn

Reaction score
Members Ride
1967 Holden HR Premier Wagon / 2015 VFII SV6 Sedan
Or the other cheaper option is just to get the VT brakes. The bigger twin piston caliper fills the wheels more.

Jezz

that would be the better option cause u could either get vt-vx calipers and ive seen most ppl do

spauldj308

S Pack Man
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S sedan 5L, VSII ute
I have done theVT-VZ twin piston upgrade-works great, really easy to do. Has saved my bacon a few times. I think from memory, it cost about $400 at trade price. Dont take that as gospel though cause it was a while ago.

94CLUBBY

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 HSV CLUBSPORT NO.356
Hi,i,m thinking of doing the same to my VR clubsport,did the VT calipers bolt straight on?cheers

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
3 good upgrade options, some cheap and some cheap upfront but expensive for replacements

1. VS GTS upgrade, straight bolt up, but do require longer brake hoses. rough $500 for brakes, if u need replacement parts, a little dearer as they are 'rare' and really only standard on GTS GTS-R (or other models optioned from factory) rotors not so readily available unless u sell ur left testicle.

2. VT upgrade, possible pedal feel issues, a quick search should bear many results. cheap to purchase initail parts, also cheap for replacement parts, bit of a prick to fix pedal feel need master cyl n possilby booster (search will give specific info) also require shims to center rotor on the hub, if u dont purchase the manufactured VT rotor with VS hub diameter

3. PM Not_An_Abba_Fan n ask about the VE upgrade brake package. getting cheaper for replacement parts, but readily available.