Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Jamesmaier

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt Executive
Was looking around for a vs v6 BT1 chip today and confused about what they do? if you can get them? how they work? etc.
I went to different holden stores where one holden joint said they can make one for $150, another shop said they never had them in the v6's. So not sure whats what at the moment.
Some help would be appreciated, also with any other type of chips that people know help with performance and cost wise.

Thanks guys

Dirbatua

AWOL!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS Series 2
god not again, as ^^^^ says, there is no such thing as a cop chip, its a load of crap made up to sell **** resistor tunes which can cause engine problems for stupidly high prices.

you want a tune for your car speak to foamy (greenfoam), i think he charges like $45 if you send him a memcal to tune or $100+ if you buy a tune and memcal off him and he tunes it to the mods you have on your car.

not 100% sure on the prices but check his ebay store or send him an email.

http://myworld.ebay.com.au/nicefrog

Jamesmaier

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt Executive
ok thanks guys, thread closed then

Ben Waymouth

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS wagon
Was looking around for a vs v6 BT1 chip today and confused about what they do? if you can get them? how they work? etc.
I went to different holden stores where one holden joint said they can make one for $150, another shop said they never had them in the v6's. So not sure whats what at the moment.
Some help would be appreciated, also with any other type of chips that people know help with performance and cost wise.

Thanks guys
Hey mate had one from a vr v6 it had bt1 on it mate stripped a ex cop car so year ya can get them

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Lol even if there was it doesn't make much difference on its own. Its not like you gain 30hp by tweaking the tune. The parameters are not that wide on the VR and VS to make a really noticeable gain. May see some improvement on the dyno but that's about it.

Last edited: