Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS Calais flooding it's engine.

xDriiftPrincess

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais 3.8L
Gets to half way running temp, starts flooding engine and over fueling (dash reads 94L/100km) done code check, no codes displayed apart from all 12's! Used a scan tool and was showin O2 sensors both reading rich, changed O2 sensors, didn't fix problem, next is a long shot but changing CAS aswell, have also changed everything else fuel and air and ignition related, last option is CAS. Has anyone had this problem? Symptom is putt putt putt da dada da da when foot flat, and lots of fuel being used according to dash, only after reaching half way running temp. If this has happened to you you will understand my symptom explanation haha! But I it has what fixed it? It's driving me insane!

Bowen

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX S manual 3.8L SP
Have you replaced your cts ? They're only cheap.... Could be faulty and causing it to think its mighty cold? 94/100 sounds abit much though lol

Use a hillbilly stethescope (screwdriver) and put one end on the injector body and the other end to your ear and see if there's any discrepancy between injectors.... One could be stuck open or even 2? In which case I'd be changing fuel filters.....

Other causes...... Not sure but certainly sounds odd.... I don't think the CAS could cause a continuous injector pulse I think it would cut ignition completely and spit a code......

xDriiftPrincess

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais 3.8L
Have you replaced your cts ? They're only cheap.... Could be faulty and causing it to think its mighty cold? 94/100 sounds abit much though lol

Use a hillbilly stethescope (screwdriver) and put one end on the injector body and the other end to your ear and see if there's any discrepancy between injectors.... One could be stuck open or even 2? In which case I'd be changing fuel filters.....

Other causes...... Not sure but certainly sounds odd.... I don't think the CAS could cause a continuous injector pulse I think it would cut ignition completely and spit a code......

Unfortunately I have replaced my injectors aswell, one of my mates is a mechanic and I borrowed his scan tool and it wasn't showing anything other then O2 sensors reading rich, it started only doing it in first gear and now it's in all gears after half running temp, I have also done my cts :(
Litterally last thing to replace is CAS, I've left that until last due to it having a 1% chance of being the problem, I have noticed that being a Calais I have had a lot of other problems that I have never experienced in a standard commodore though, so I'm guessing it could be something stupid, I've litterally rebuilt my engine trying to find this problem haha

Wozza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR_GS commodore
Did you check the ecu coolant temp sensor is reading correctly with the scan tool..it maybe fine till it gets to operating temp then dies making the ecu thinks its stone cold.....

jgtoranalc

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Statesman VR HSV 5L, Holden Torana LC
Have you checked your Fuel Pressure Regulator?

It would be good if you listed exactly what you have replaced for all of us to get an idea.

Plus being it is a Calais...engine wise is still same as a regular Commodore

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
I'd be going over the earths, make sure they are all good and clean.

The O2 sensors reading rich will be the result of the over fuelling, not causing it.

The1

A Memcal a Day Keeps..
Reaction score
Website
www.eyeit.org
Members Ride
VS V6 Berlina Auto
as above, do a search and do the o2 earth fix. If you have replaced both o2's and there both still sitting rich it's unlikely to be injectors.