Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vs calais is overheating what the?

cxcxcxvcvcvc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
Ive had it up to here with my vs calais :bang: I just bought this car 3 weeks ago & every thing was fine now its over heating so did the usual and flushed the system. Still no good i rang red dev radiators and air con they told me it was most probably the temp sender so went and got a temp sender and a coolant temp sender for good mesure. After pulling the old one out went to put the new one in and as i was tightening it up the head of the temp sender snaped off flush with the thermostat housing and no i was not overtightening it it didnt even get that firm it just went loose and snapped off:cry: . so down to bunnings i went and got a tap & die kit and the reason i didnt get the easy out kit was because i had tryd to get it out with a pair of pliers first and mutilated it this all happened yesterday arvo gave up work on it for the night in disgust:ranting: . so bright & early today went back at it again finaly got the broken temp sender out put another new one in aswell as the coolant sender in put the hole thing back together and its still runnin hot:ranting: :cry: any help would be great by the way its a eco v6 motor thanks for the help

TheForgotten

only human......
Reaction score
Website
www.holdenscene.com
Members Ride
VR EXEC
how high does it get on the guage? if it stays around 1/2 on the guage then that's normal, anything higher is a bad thing.
All I can suggest is maybe there's an air pocket in the radiator hose, or it's running deadly lean - maybe try to get it on a dyno - if the operator is good they can tell you what's wrong