Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS Calais L67?

Discussion in 'VR - VS Holden Commodore (1993 - 1997)' started by Spaced, Jul 28, 2006.

1. Spaced

Spaced New Member

Members Ride:
    1997 VS Commodore Exec
    VS Calais L67 what are they worth?

2. TheForgotten

TheForgotten only human......

Members Ride:
    VR EXEC
    depends on condition. I've seen clean ones go for 12-13, and write-offs going for 6.5

3. holden007

holden007 VRII

Members Ride:
    Subaru Liberty

12-13 grand seems high even in mint condition, there selling VZ Commodores which have done 40-50 thousand k's for around $18,000.

4. sixshooter

sixshooter New Member

Members Ride:
    2x VS
    Yeah when you compare later cars to older cars... the later car is always going to be a bargain compared to the older car cause more are available and people are cutting their wrists to get rid of them to buy the new model.

The VS range was the first production car from Holden to have a blower fitted to the luxury models, so this should keep the value on these cars for some time yet as they become rarer and rarer.

Compared to the model that replaced them, the VS is lighter, so from a street machiners view that makes them more desireable car to hot up. They're a more appealing car to an enthusiast rather than a mainstream car buyer.

Redbook lists them for $6300 - $8600 for average examples... but I reckon very few sell for under $8000... unless they are absolute high km shitboxes

If I had 11 - 12 G in my pocket and an imacculate or below average example with under 120,000 km was for sale then I'd buy it cause I know how rare these cars are getting.

Give them another 10-15 years and they may end up in the crazy price range like SLR & SS Torana's... which are selling for 3 times and above the price they were when new.

5. shaggerz

shaggerz New Member

Members Ride:
    2004 VY2 SV8 A4
    I paid $9000 for mine from a dealer with 175,000 k's on it. Other than mileage, car is in almost perfect condition, with 17's, 3 inch exhaust, and CD player.

Knock off a couple of grand for private sale, but I have seen more being sold on the rich side of $10k than the poor side.

EDIT: If you're looking at buying one then GO FOR IT! I love mine to bits and they GO like **** from a shovel :D:D:D

6. holden007

holden007 VRII

Members Ride:
    Subaru Liberty

Yes thats true, they are pretty rare.

7. SaGe

SaGe New Member

Members Ride:
    VS II S-PAK Manual
    does anyone know if a getrag box will bolt on to an L67

8. sixshooter

sixshooter New Member

Members Ride:
    2x VS
    I'll second that !

It's really true when they say "Once you've been BLOWN you won't want it any other way !"

:p

Or "Injection is nice but I'd rather be BLOWN" ... but with a bit of both and you wont wipe the smile off your dial !!! :)

9. shaggerz

shaggerz New Member

Members Ride:
    2004 VY2 SV8 A4

I would love to know this. Manual VS SC Calais.... Think of the resale value!!!! :D:D:D

EDIT: come to think of it, the L67 is just a strengthened & supercharged ecotec so in theory it should work

10. TheForgotten

TheForgotten only human......

Members Ride:
    VR EXEC
    nah they don't fit without pretty major work. they don't have they dowel holes for the manual box, and from what I've learned, getregs don't survive behind L67s anyway (unless they're stock)

11. shaggerz

shaggerz New Member

Members Ride:
    2004 VY2 SV8 A4
    stage 2 shift kit it is then... :D

how much would that cost?

12. sixshooter

sixshooter New Member

Members Ride:
    2x VS
    You should look at this thread here in the VR/S section regarding cracked rear sub frames before deciding on fitting a shift kit...

$220 fitted btw ;)

13. Scooter79

Scooter79 New Member

Members Ride:
    VSII Calais supercharged
    Prices...

I bought mine in feb this year for $10,500. Only had 99,990kms on the clock. Bargain! I've seen a few on carsales and carpoint with close to 190,000ks and asking nearly $13,000.

14. shaggerz

shaggerz New Member

Members Ride:
    2004 VY2 SV8 A4
    Good price mate! well done :)

I dont think I'll ever buy another car :D

15. Scooter79

Scooter79 New Member

Members Ride:
    VSII Calais supercharged
    Thanks mate. Just to hijack the thread for a moment, Shaggerz, I read your website and am wondering what sort of fuel economy you got after the hiflow cat went into the vs equip? Around the city my s/c calais is getting anywhere between 13 - 16L/100 completely stock. Thanks.

16. garfa

garfa New Member

Members Ride:
    VY SS
    yes it has been done. i have a commo mag from back in 1997 and it has a s/c VS calais thats manual.
    but remember you need to completely rewire the harness and also get a aftermarket ecu because l67 never were manual.
    so a lot of work for a manual.....

17. shaggerz

shaggerz New Member

Members Ride:
    2004 VY2 SV8 A4
    I couldnt give you a fair estimate mate because of 2 things: a) it was crap to start with due to the factory cat being blocked up, and b) I was still getting ridiculously high consumption afterwards.

My S/C Calais gets between 13 and 16 around town also. Usually closer to 16 than 13 because I fang it everywhere just to hear the whine :D

18. VS CALAIS

VS CALAIS M6 VF SSV

Members Ride:
    VF SSV 6spd Manual
    Bought mine for $16.000 last year one lady owner since new 90,000k's totaly stock, and not a mark on exterior / interior. oh and fuel consuption is at 13.2 lts per 100 average , fairly hard driven but mon - fri freeway to and from work so guess that helps.

19. sixshooter

sixshooter New Member

Members Ride:
    2x VS
    Hey Shaggerz, I noticed you said you had a 3in single system on yours... I'll be interested to know what fuel economy you'll be getting when you replace the cat.

I haven't bothered reseting the trip computer in mine for approx 4000 Km... it sits on 13 L/100 Km... from various driving... the best economy it's done is on the freeway sitting @ 90 km/h... it sits around 7 L /100 Km. It still has the standard twin cat twin 2inch system.;)

20. shaggerz

shaggerz New Member

Members Ride:
    2004 VY2 SV8 A4
    You misunderstood sixshooter. The blocked cat issue was with my old equipe. I am aware of no such problem with the new calais as the previous owner had the twin 2.5 into single 3 installed. I get poorish economy at the moment with the trip computer showing 15.8 L/100km at present, but this is 100% city driving. I am going to have some basic maintenance done so I know I am starting with a clean slate. Getting coolant flush and refill done (by machine for thoroughness) and a full fuel system flush and injector clean (also by machine). I'll let you know how that works out in a few weeks when i've had it done.