Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS Calais L67?

Spaced

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS Commodore Exec
VS Calais L67 what are they worth?

TheForgotten

only human......
Reaction score
Website
www.holdenscene.com
Members Ride
VR EXEC
depends on condition. I've seen clean ones go for 12-13, and write-offs going for 6.5

holden007

VRII
Reaction score
Members Ride
Subaru Liberty
TheForgotten said:
depends on condition. I've seen clean ones go for 12-13, and write-offs going for 6.5

12-13 grand seems high even in mint condition, there selling VZ Commodores which have done 40-50 thousand k's for around $18,000.

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
holden007 said:
12-13 grand seems high even in mint condition, there selling VZ Commodores which have done 40-50 thousand k's for around $18,000.

Yeah when you compare later cars to older cars... the later car is always going to be a bargain compared to the older car cause more are available and people are cutting their wrists to get rid of them to buy the new model.

The VS range was the first production car from Holden to have a blower fitted to the luxury models, so this should keep the value on these cars for some time yet as they become rarer and rarer.

Compared to the model that replaced them, the VS is lighter, so from a street machiners view that makes them more desireable car to hot up. They're a more appealing car to an enthusiast rather than a mainstream car buyer.

Redbook lists them for $6300 - $8600 for average examples... but I reckon very few sell for under $8000... unless they are absolute high km shitboxes

If I had 11 - 12 G in my pocket and an imacculate or below average example with under 120,000 km was for sale then I'd buy it cause I know how rare these cars are getting.

Give them another 10-15 years and they may end up in the crazy price range like SLR & SS Torana's... which are selling for 3 times and above the price they were when new.

shaggerz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY2 SV8 A4
I paid $9000 for mine from a dealer with 175,000 k's on it. Other than mileage, car is in almost perfect condition, with 17's, 3 inch exhaust, and CD player.

Knock off a couple of grand for private sale, but I have seen more being sold on the rich side of $10k than the poor side.

EDIT: If you're looking at buying one then GO FOR IT! I love mine to bits and they GO like **** from a shovel :D:D:D

holden007

VRII
Reaction score
Members Ride
Subaru Liberty
sixshooter said:
Yeah when you compare later cars to older cars... the later car is always going to be a bargain compared to the older car cause more are available and people are cutting their wrists to get rid of them to buy the new model.

The VS range was the first production car from Holden to have a blower fitted to the luxury models, so this should keep the value on these cars for some time yet as they become rarer and rarer.

Compared to the model that replaced them, the VS is lighter, so from a street machiners view that makes them more desireable car to hot up. They're a more appealing car to an enthusiast rather than a mainstream car buyer.

Redbook lists them for $6300 - $8600 for average examples... but I reckon very few sell for under $8000... unless they are absolute high km shitboxes

If I had 11 - 12 G in my pocket and an imacculate or below average example with under 120,000 km was for sale then I'd buy it cause I know how rare these cars are getting.

Give them another 10-15 years and they may end up in the crazy price range like SLR & SS Torana's... which are selling for 3 times and above the price they were when new.

Yes thats true, they are pretty rare.

SaGe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS II S-PAK Manual
does anyone know if a getrag box will bolt on to an L67

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
shaggerz said:
EDIT: If you're looking at buying one then GO FOR IT! I love mine to bits and they GO like **** from a shovel :D:D:D

I'll second that !

It's really true when they say "Once you've been BLOWN you won't want it any other way !"

:p

Or "Injection is nice but I'd rather be BLOWN" ... but with a bit of both and you wont wipe the smile off your dial !!! :)

shaggerz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY2 SV8 A4
SaGe said:
does anyone know if a getrag box will bolt on to an L67

I would love to know this. Manual VS SC Calais.... Think of the resale value!!!! :D:D:D

EDIT: come to think of it, the L67 is just a strengthened & supercharged ecotec so in theory it should work

TheForgotten

only human......
Reaction score
Website
www.holdenscene.com
Members Ride
VR EXEC
nah they don't fit without pretty major work. they don't have they dowel holes for the manual box, and from what I've learned, getregs don't survive behind L67s anyway (unless they're stock)