Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS Calais L67?

shaggerz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY2 SV8 A4
stage 2 shift kit it is then... :D

how much would that cost?

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
You should look at this thread here in the VR/S section regarding cracked rear sub frames before deciding on fitting a shift kit...

$220 fitted btw ;)

Scooter79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Calais supercharged
Prices...

I bought mine in feb this year for $10,500. Only had 99,990kms on the clock. Bargain! I've seen a few on carsales and carpoint with close to 190,000ks and asking nearly $13,000.

shaggerz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY2 SV8 A4
Good price mate! well done :)

I dont think I'll ever buy another car :D

Scooter79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Calais supercharged
shaggerz said:
Good price mate! well done :)

I dont think I'll ever buy another car :D

Thanks mate. Just to hijack the thread for a moment, Shaggerz, I read your website and am wondering what sort of fuel economy you got after the hiflow cat went into the vs equip? Around the city my s/c calais is getting anywhere between 13 - 16L/100 completely stock. Thanks.

garfa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
yes it has been done. i have a commo mag from back in 1997 and it has a s/c VS calais thats manual.
but remember you need to completely rewire the harness and also get a aftermarket ecu because l67 never were manual.
so a lot of work for a manual.....

shaggerz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY2 SV8 A4
Scooter79 said:
Thanks mate. Just to hijack the thread for a moment, Shaggerz, I read your website and am wondering what sort of fuel economy you got after the hiflow cat went into the vs equip? Around the city my s/c calais is getting anywhere between 13 - 16L/100 completely stock. Thanks.

I couldnt give you a fair estimate mate because of 2 things: a) it was crap to start with due to the factory cat being blocked up, and b) I was still getting ridiculously high consumption afterwards.

My S/C Calais gets between 13 and 16 around town also. Usually closer to 16 than 13 because I fang it everywhere just to hear the whine :D

VS CALAIS

M6 VF SSV
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV 6spd Manual
Bought mine for $16.000 last year one lady owner since new 90,000k's totaly stock, and not a mark on exterior / interior. oh and fuel consuption is at 13.2 lts per 100 average , fairly hard driven but mon - fri freeway to and from work so guess that helps.

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
Hey Shaggerz, I noticed you said you had a 3in single system on yours... I'll be interested to know what fuel economy you'll be getting when you replace the cat.

I haven't bothered reseting the trip computer in mine for approx 4000 Km... it sits on 13 L/100 Km... from various driving... the best economy it's done is on the freeway sitting @ 90 km/h... it sits around 7 L /100 Km. It still has the standard twin cat twin 2inch system.;)

shaggerz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY2 SV8 A4
sixshooter said:
Hey Shaggerz, I noticed you said you had a 3in single system on yours... I'll be interested to know what fuel economy you'll be getting when you replace the cat.

I haven't bothered reseting the trip computer in mine for approx 4000 Km... it sits on 13 L/100 Km... from various driving... the best economy it's done is on the freeway sitting @ 90 km/h... it sits around 7 L /100 Km. It still has the standard twin cat twin 2inch system.;)

You misunderstood sixshooter. The blocked cat issue was with my old equipe. I am aware of no such problem with the new calais as the previous owner had the twin 2.5 into single 3 installed. I get poorish economy at the moment with the trip computer showing 15.8 L/100km at present, but this is 100% city driving. I am going to have some basic maintenance done so I know I am starting with a clean slate. Getting coolant flush and refill done (by machine for thoroughness) and a full fuel system flush and injector clean (also by machine). I'll let you know how that works out in a few weeks when i've had it done.