Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS Calais Seat Removal

holdenkid

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais 3.8Ltr
Hey Guys,

I want to remove the front seats out of my genuine 97 VS Calais but cant!! In the workshop manual it says to remove front and rear bolts and simply remove the seat, but, there are three normal allan head bolts that easily are removed but then on the front closest side to the centre console there are blank head bolts that are not able to be accessed. Can anyone help me out please??

Thanks
holdenkid

Magifil

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 VS Series III Caprice
There are four of the Allen Key bolts to remove. Have you got your seat as far back on the slides as it will go?

Scooter79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Calais supercharged
The bolt you're looking for is hidden under the carpet. Just look harder.

holdenkid

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais 3.8Ltr
well guys the reason I have had to take the carpet out of my calais is due to the fact that pretty much the front passenger carpet and both sides of the rear carpet were sopping wet. I have been trying to find causes for this matter on the net and have come down to two more obvious causes. A blocked heater core or a blocked drain around the windscreen. I have not noticed any loss of coolant in the system but i am not able to check the pollen filter as it is now dark.

Has anyone ever heard of any sort of problem in the VS if so PLEASE reply coz at the moment im a little bit pissed off and looking for answers.

Thanks