Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS Calais Series 2 probs

showtime

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs 5.0l
Ok heres what I have in mind as far as Air con goes.
Seeing as it has a vs computer and loom a vs compressor will work fine.
Now i am able to get a vs compressor, belts and hoses. I'm thinking I will bolt compressor up and see how it lines up with vt pulleys.
I understand its not going to be close but I need to find out if pulleys can be re arranged to keep the vt serpintine belt as well as run a pulley for the compressor.
if not I will consider changing all belts, pulleys, alternator and water pump back to vs set-up

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
www.wagzhome.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
Ok heres what I have in mind as far as Air con goes.
Seeing as it has a vs computer and loom a vs compressor will work fine.
Now i am able to get a vs compressor, belts and hoses. I'm thinking I will bolt compressor up and see how it lines up with vt pulleys.
I understand its not going to be close but I need to find out if pulleys can be re arranged to keep the vt serpintine belt as well as run a pulley for the compressor.
if not I will consider changing all belts, pulleys, alternator and water pump back to vs set-up

If you have the VT 5.0ltr, it is the same everything almost as the old 5ltr. So the Vn/p/r/s compressor will definatly bolt up fine. My concern is that the ecu is setup for a variable speed compressor which will not work with the vs ON/OFF duty cylce compressor.

showtime

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs 5.0l
ok now I have no idea what is goin on, just changed tps again to check it wasnt a faulty tps.
put it back together and when it started it ran like a bucket. engine light came on and then started idle'n better.
bridged the diagnostic plug and it give me codes 19, 23 and 33
Everything is hooked up and I can't see anything out of place.
Is it possible that being a vt alternator that it could be producing to much power and frying my sensors.
when I looked it up this is what I got
Code 19 - Throttle Position Sensor (TPS) - Stuck Open
Code 23 - IAT - Voltage Too High
Code 33 - MAP Sensor Signal - Voltage Too High
Urgent help needed

nathanVY

such boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY LS1 Turbo Calais, 2005 4Gen Liberty Wagon
I thought VS's didn't have MAP sensors lol. Did you use a 2nd hand tps or a new one? My advice would be not to bother with 2nd hand parts most of the time. Just buy new ones. A TPS is about $50 from repco.

showtime

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs 5.0l
Ok I got the latest prob sorted. I removed the left hand engine cover while replacing tps and when I had put it back on it kinked the vacum line to the map sensor.
With that sorted I'm still back to my original problem. I havn't put any second hand parts in, they have all been new.
I guess I'll just have to start a process of elimination.

showtime

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs 5.0l
Ok I got the latest prob sorted. I removed the left hand engine cover while replacing tps and when I had put it back on it kinked the vacum line to the map sensor.
With that sorted I'm still back to my original problem. I havn't put any second hand parts in, they have all been new.
I guess I'll just have to start a process of elimination.

showtime

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs 5.0l
Well I have just found out I've been ripped off blind.
As it turns out I would say I have bort a written off or badly crashed car that has been bodged up and re-sold.
Beware buyers. this car checked up with a clear title and all.
Car is still strait, neat and clean but it is now becomming head aches.
I would say that the motor was changed because of the accident. The radiator support panel was replaced,
it has had new trims put in the passenger side engine bay and god knows what else.
The airbag light had the globe removed, so I would say it no longer has airbags in it. God knows if its even the same car I purchased.
So now I guess it's my headache getting it back to a reliable car.
Has anyone know whats involved with fixing air bags?

nathanVY

such boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dude that sucks hardcore, gotta lookout for that crap. My cars been in an accident too I didn't realise when I bought it, had the front bumper replaced, LHS doors and quarter panels resprayed and the front fender replaced.

First you'd need to know if there are in fact any air bags in it? Where'd you buy the car from? If it's from a dealer you should get every penny back mate, they're dealing illegally.

If there isn't air bags in it you'll need to take the dash out (assuming there's a passenger air bag), install an airbag module in the dash and the steering wheel, plug it all in then the code will need to be cleared by a tech tool from a holden dealership or some mechanics have them too.

Good luck

showtime

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs 5.0l
No I bought it private, off ebay. Never even bid on it on ebay, so don't even have a sales record really.
Wonder if its worth me contacting ebay and seeing if its worth persueing.
I wanted to have a look before I bid. I had a good look over it and it looked mint, its only when you really look into the nitty gritty that you can tell its been stacked.
It has been repaired well but I am assuming by the way the airbag globe was taken out, the pass side airbag cover isn't lifting and the other signs of an accident that I picked up on, that the airbags have gone off and there will be no airbags in there when I remove the cover.
I have found a complete airbag set, module and loom, so that is not a drama. This will also give me an oportunity to put a stereo in it when i pull the dash apart.
Just a shame that there is scumbags out there that will blatenly lie to your face.
Judging by the way my calls are not answered and txt's don't get replied to, i would say he knew all about it.

nathanVY

such boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
May as well put a stato dash in while you're at it. I'd imagine you won't need the loom, even if the air bags have deployed the loom should be fine, mind you some people take the air bag light globe out just because the code never goes away unless you get it cleared. So maybe try putting a new globe in there and taking it to an auto elec or someone with a tech tool and get them to clear it and see if it registers the code again.

The air bag light can get triggered from heaps of this. Just means theres a fault in the system, usually lack of signal. I've just bumped mine while fiddling with the steering column and its triggered the code, once cleared it never came back.